Thread: Is it possible to Transfer bought games to another xbox360 console

Is it possible to Transfer bought games to another xbox360 console

I am using Xbox 360 console to play games and it provides amazing gaming experience. Actually the Xbox on which I was playing got red ring of death. So I tried a lot in order to fix the same. It is having many games which I bought some of it are Fable2, Skate 2. And now I am having a new Xbox 360 console I want to ask is it possible to transfer games from previous Xbox to my newer Xbox 360 console. Hope for needful answers from you all.

Re: Is it possible to Transfer bought games to another xbox360 console

As you purchase many games on your Xbox 360 console gamertag, and you want all these games to be transferred to your new Xbox 360 console. For that you need to download these games again on your new Xbox 360 console. You can find all your history through Accounts management from your dashboard and from these lists just downloads the one which you need again. When you do it also ensure that you also transfer a license for these games also.

I was just surfing through video games section and found a thread of my need. I am also using Xbox 360 console and now I am planning to have Xbox slim. Currently I am playing ultimate Mortal kombat 3 on my Xbox and as I am planning to have new Xbox so I also want to know is it possible to transfer the same to my new Xbox. I am worried about this because I have heard through someone that MK 3 is not available in market place and it is no longer available for download.

Well you need to do the same here. As told above you just have to download that game again from your new Xbox slim. But for that ultimate Mortal kombat 3 should be present on your Xbox download history. Thus enjoy playing your games onto a new Xbox. I have just heard of these techniques to get back the game and I haven’t tried doing the same. So you may just try and check whether it is possible to do the same by using redownloading technique.

If you see on the official site then you would find that you can transfer anything that you want from your old console to the new one. It can include games, videos, music, gamertag, saved games and many more. So to do this you have two methods. You can use the Xbox 360 hard drive transfer cable or you can use any pen drive and connect it to your Xbox. If you have large amount of data then use of pen drive is not efficient, so instead use transfer cable for it.

In order to transfer data using the hard drive transfer cable, first of all you need to remove the hard drive of your previous Xbox console. Then connect the cable to this hard disk. Then you have to attach another end of cable to USB port of your new Xbox console. Thus when you do this you would be able to transfer or move the above mentioned content that you need to new console. When you would turn ON the new console then you would get a popup of transferring content.

You can even use USB transfer by just connecting the pen drive to USB port and then go to My Xbox and transfer the content you want to this pen drive and then move this content from pen drive to your new console. One thing to note that if you are not able to transfer the content using transfer cable then you need to upgrade the console software to a newer version. So find the same by logging into your Xbox Live account and it would automatically detect if your Xbox needs a new upgrade of the console software.