Thread: Not able to Purchase Microsoft points from Xbox live marketplace

Not able to Purchase Microsoft points from Xbox live marketplace

I am using Xbox 360 console for playing video games and it gives a better gaming experience for a gamer like me. I am using Xbox live service in order to stream videos, download video games in my Xbox. Nowadays when I try to purchase Microsoft points then I get a message from there saying that my credit card is not authorized and thus I am not able to do the same. So please provide me the solutions so that I could fix the same and again enjoy using the Xbox live services.

Re: Not able to Purchase Microsoft points from Xbox live marketplace

When you have the Xbox 360 then it is obvious that you would use Xbox live services in order to get more on your Xbox and also to enjoy latest music, video from that. Well I guess that might be some problem with your credit card information. So in order to verify the same you need to go to Microsoft website and log in using your live Xbox live account and then check the account information. If something is wrong then correct the same and then after I guess there would be no problem with it.

If you verify your account information details from the above mentioned site and even then you get the same message and not able to get those Microsoft points, then I doubt that there might not be enough balance or credit on your account. So just check that the credit card which you registered for using Xbox account do have sufficient credit on that. If enough credit is not there then you are not able to access those Xbox service and thus even no Microsoft points also.

If you have some another credit card, then it would be useful for you to check whether you are able to purchase Microsoft points using this new credit card. Doing this would let you know the exact cause that why this problem is happening. If you are able to get Microsoft points successfully using new credit card then you can confirm that there is some problem with your existing credit card and thus you should stop using that card and continue with a new one.

You are getting credit card not authorized message while purchasing Microsoft points using Xbox live market. Well in this case I guess that your credit card company is not registered or incompatible using these kind of services. So just confirm with your credit card company that is it able to support purchase from Xbox live market place. If these purchase are not supported using that credit card then probably you need to change your credit card.

You need Microsoft points in order to purchase games, or rent movies or might be for watching TV videos. If you are not able to get those points using credit card then you should try for another alternative in order to get the same. For that you need to have gift card which you can get from authorized local dealer near you and just have the same by paying there. Just as you have the gift card you can use the number from that card and purchase the points by entering this number.