Thread: The Elder scrolls: Which is the most powerful image?

The Elder scrolls: Which is the most powerful image?

I think many of the users must be playing this game on their machine so do I. recently I have started playing this game and also the other thing is that I really loved the game play here and also the experience was finest. Now one thing that I want ask the users is that who do you think was/is the most powerful mage ever? What was the extent of his/hers powers? What did he/she do with his/her powers?

Re: The Elder scrolls: Which is the most powerful image?

I do not believe that Sotha Sil would have been the most powerful mage due to this question seeming to question the potency of non-divinities. What about Kagrenac of the Dwemer? Learning to bend the Earthbones is truly an awe-inspiring feat, however the Dwemer were engaging in "profane" undertakings and not "magical" undertakings per se. As this question is about who has the greatest ability to control magicka and not mythopoeic forces, I believe this rules out Kagrenac from consideration.

Voryn Dagoth could be that mage. He managed to bind himself to the Heart of Lorkhan while supposedly experimenting with the Tools for the short time that they were in his possession. However, I would say that most of his power came from the Heart and not from himself. Some would say that Galerion would be the most powerful, though I would state that forming a powerful institution i.e., the Mages Guild does not equate to personal potency on the part of the originator.

Mannimarco? While it it true that a Dragon Break allowed the King of Worms to become the Revenant this apotheosis was achieved via the Numidium and not due to the personal power reserves of Mannimarco himself. Jagar Tharn is a good candidate, however I would say that most of his power came from Mehrunes Dagon, so I will not label him as the most powerful. Zurin Arctus would certainly be right up there on my list. He took on the Numidium and won . Now if Arctus was truly an enantiomorphic part of the Ghost of Shor-who-is-Lorkhan, then I believe that he starts out with a bit of an unfair advantage against most mortal mages. Still, until that is determined, I cannot help but admire the feats performed as a mortal and later on as a undead wizard.

Divayth Fyr. Finally, to the man we all speak so highly about. Divayth Fyr is nearly as old as the Tribunal itself and has sustained his life through his expertise of regular, mundane magic, or at least so we have been told. He has studied the "Old Ways" of the Psijiics and the "New Ways" of the Dwemer and has been granted audiences with Sotha Sil himself in the Clockwork City. While it is true that many Telvanni appear to be "immortal" due to their trucking with necromancy, it was never stated exactly how Fyr pulls his off.

The concept of 'the most powerful' is something that does not belong into Lore. At least I like to think so because a level of power must be measured some way but the only measurement available so far are stats. Which aside from obviously being purely gameplay related and having little bearing on Lore, are mostly unknown. So what this discussion will turn out into isn't a argument about who is stronger, but an argument about who is cooler. Gandalf being the most fleshed out character, he's obviously the coolest because the list of all the cool stuff that he has done will be bigger.