Thread: Clockwork city in The elders scrolls

Clockwork city in The elders scrolls

Anyone got any speculations on what happens to it? What becomes of the robotic creatures living there now that sotha sil is dead? Will they just live on like nothing happened? Will they start to think by themselves/become evil and be the villians in a new tes? Or does everything fall apart with sotha? Any ideas or speculations? I think it would rock if we could return there one day in a new game and see the whole of the city.

Re: Clockwork city in The elders scrolls

The City is a strange and profane thing. It's probably self sufficient and productive, like a perpetual motion device. It'll most likely just keep on going until it is destroyed somehow. I don't really know really. I think all we can do is speculate, since it's always been very obscure. I also believe it's self sufficient and will probably be a deserted place for a while. But it would be really nice to return there.

If I am not mistaken I think it is because she views you as threat to your truth reflects her lie kind of stuff. However she is power hungry just look how she was willing to spread the blight because she thought people were questioning her authority. He just wanted to be left alone. She was evil to the core in the worst sense it is kind of like the Redoran and their craziness justified by the word honor. When dealing with the goddess, I always noticed this similar philosophy. Anyway this is my personal view, as I am sure others will have different views.

Is it not indirectly stated that Sotha Sil's domain is populated by "unnatural" beings, of his own fabrication, and that the part we visit in Tribunal is just a small part of his city. Personally, I could see the city being a very useful refuge after a certain giant ball of lands on vivec's city. It being outside the normal space of reality and all. About the only way there is by means of a magic ring a certain someone took with them to perhaps Akavir so I don't quite think the city will be used as a refugee shelter, Weird.

Actually, if you read his dialog, you will learn that he became cursed for creating the ring, and has to guard it for all eternity. It was not too happy about that. That’s why he doesn’t want you to have the thing. He himself considers it a mistake to have created it. The Nerevarine could be living there, no one know where he or Vivec went. They could be hanging out shooting pool in Clockwork City. It is immpossible to find them if they where there, and a lot easier to go there than Akavir.

I don't like it when people simply state Almalexia was going mad. Surely, she had lost a sense of perspective and her objectives and methods were all but admirable, but it was quite obvious that she was still compos mentis. Saying that she was acting purely upon some insane impulse would be ignoring her cunning and machiavellic plans to permanently establish herself in the hearts of the Dunmer. Almalexia murdered Sotha Sil and subsequently portrayed him as a genuine threat to Morrowind remembers the Fabricant attack, which she staged.