Thread: The elder Scrolls: From where did the Mortal get there magic?

The elder Scrolls: From where did the Mortal get there magic?

So the stars are actually tears in Oblivion to Aetherius, the place where all magic comes from. I understand this. Magic seems to be a very important thing for life, as written in The Magic of Aetherius. Now, the sun itself is the star that brings most of the magic to the Mundus. Was this sun supposed to be created? It was actually created when Magnus fled to Aetherius from Mundus in the last second, leaving this big hole in Oblivion leading to Aetherius. So I'm guessing the sun wasn't intended to be created, it was just an "accident". This means that mortals shouldn't have been able to really use magic, at least not on this huge scale.

Re: The elder Scrolls: From where did the Mortal get there magic?

Now, the sun itself is the star that brings most of the magic to the Mundus. But Was this sun supposed to be created? It was actually created when Magnus fled to Aetherius from Mundus in the last second, leaving this big hole in Oblivion leading to Aetherius. So I'm guessing the sun wasn't intended to be created, it was just an "accident". This means that mortals shouldn't have been able to really use magic, at least not on this huge scale.

Actually, and this is from Altmer superioritist lore (not all too reliable), but, apparently, the Mer are actually gods, but they'd lost their divinity when Mundus was created, and they were sent down to Nirn. Unless I'm mistaken, I think I read somwhere and I think that may have just been the forums) that pure men can't use magic, at all. And since pretty much everyone has Merish blood right now, anyone can use magic.

It's still probably not the best idea to base your argument on some lighting settings that only really serve artistic purposes. Your other statement, like a lot of what you propose about TES cosmology, has to disregard all cosmological lore that exists. If I'm not mistaken, Magnus can be seen from Camoran's Paradise, the Shivering Isles, and the pocket realm the Battlespire once existed in, to name a couple places.

Why must it be the case that the cosmological texts are wrong and your theories must be correct? The premises you've provided to try and back up your claims, here and elsewhere, have amounted to "but it doesn't work that way in the real world", "the people of Tamriel are stupid and wrong because their research would be regarded as such in real life, and some real world 'research' and theories from the medieval era are somewhat similar to the ones presented by the people of Tamriel", and a bit of hardly relevant cell lighting settings and whatnot from the CS - all inductive thinking, and very weak at that. As it stands, your argument rings hollow. You should go back and find some strong, conclusive evidence. It'll either be that, or getting a job at Bethesda. Merely being a regular in this forum does not give one the right to simply waltz in and say "oh no, this lore is actually totally wrong, it truly works in the same manner.

I would imagine that for the duration of the gate in the Niben Basin being open, it would be possible for the COC to transport materials to and from the Shivering Isles. Meaning he could possibly leave common items from Tamriel and Oblivion there, including Glass, Ebony and Daedric armor and weapons, and take raw materials and suits of armor from there to Tamriel. Madness is a type of ore, like iron, so it would probably never be fully possible to mine that on Tamriel. It's truly tied in with the landscape of the Shivering Isles. Amber appears to come from a certain type of tree. Would such a tree have seeds, and could those seeds be planted on Nirn? That's a legitimate question with no right or wrong answer as of now.