Thread: The elder scrolls: Why is Arena so difficult?

The elder scrolls: Why is Arena so difficult?

Seriously, what was Bethesda If they even made it at the time thinking? You can't even take 4 steps in the Starting Dungeon without getting taken down by a rat a rat of all things. Is there any way to make the game easier. I have tried playing this game and its really humiliating because I use to lose every single time when I tried to play that particular game. Now the other thing is that I also want to know how to clear the same stage. Please help me out of the same.

Re: The elder scrolls: Why is Arena so difficult?

First of all, back in those days games just tended to be a lot more difficult. A lot of NES games were true nightmares. The most popular example of this is Battletoads. Now that game is hard. Other games are Megaman, Contra and Super Ghouls N' Ghosts. There are a lot more very hard games out there and most of them old Second, if you level up a couple of times in that dungeon, the game will be a lot easier later.

Personally, I don't find it to be that hard. These games nowadays they worry about the players give them warnings; milk them until they are acquainted with the rules. Sometimes, that's good. Yet most of the times it simply ruins the atmosphere and doesn't get you immersed enough you know it's a game because it constantly whines about how strong some opponents are, the controls and in-game mechanics. The worst part is, the difficulty doesn't increase much, if at all, throughout the entire game.

With Daggerfall, Arena and even Morrowind (though not as much), things are different. Don't you love how you are thrust into a dark, spooky dungeon whose labyrinth hallways and despicable rodents make you feel nauseous? Come on, several reloads (or even recreations of the character) are a small sacrifice compared to what you get. Perhaps that's why these oldies have stuck around all these years; I'm sure no one would want to be a <censored> by comparing Oblivion and Daggerfall graphics and saying the latter still provides more in the terms of realism and roleplay despite it's visuals. Oh and, to help maintain this post's original course and stay on topic, here's a small tip: don't just stand there and swing around at those goblins and rats - try moving forwards, quickly attacking and retreating.

I don't find the Arena or Daggerfall dungeons to hard either. Oblivion's was just long and tedious. Morrowind was different from every other of the games, as it didn't throw you right into the heat of something, you were practically just let loose somewhere relatively safe. I found Arena to be a bit hard in the beginning, but that was just because I wasn't used to the controls, same with Daggerfall which I had some problems with installing in the beginning, but once I got in to them I found them both to be really enjoyable, however the way smiths works in those games is just blargh. I see they were going for some kind of realism thing, but that was just tedious, and pretty annoying if you suddenly got some kind of timed MQ thing in Daggerfalls.