Thread: The Elder Scrolls: I want to see Arena and Daggerfall on Xbox live arcade

The Elder Scrolls: I want to see Arena and Daggerfall on Xbox live arcade

Oblivion is a best seller 360 title, so I think people would be interested in what games came before it. Also, I realize the controls are mouse heavy but they can simply change them to be like oblivions controls, it'd work perfectly. I know chances are slim of this actually happening, but I would love to see it happen and I would buy both arena won’t run on my pc and daggerfall costs a huge amount I guess so please help me out of the same.

Re: The Elder Scrolls: I want to see Arena and Daggerfall on Xbox live arcade

To accomplish that they would have to rip many core gameplay elements out of Arena and Daggerfall, and ultimately the games wouldn't resemble their PC counterparts. I honestly don't think it's possible to play Arena or Daggerfall with Oblivions control and interface. Why would you want it on Xbox? this is a situation where just buy a pC actually is plausible, because the level of PC you need for Daggerfall is 10 years old and probably purchasable for like $30.

I imagine it would be significantly easier for these games to be released with windows support than for consoles, epecially given the difference in controls I doubt it's as simple as you make it out to be. And Daggerfall, even with the patches, still has plenty of problems and they're only going to get worse after being ported. Anyway, Pete has said that Daggerfall will not be re-released and he sounded pretty definite when he said it. He didn't go in to detail, which is unfortunate, but I think we should be willing to trust him.

Microsoft won't allow any unofficial USB connectable to work on the 360, from Keyboards to Wireless USB cards. On the PS3, they have released a Keyboard and mouse, but I doubt Bethesda will alienate 90% of the console market without a Keyboard and mouse to suffer with a broken game. As for Doom, ID software has released it's source code in 1997, making ports possible, Bethesda has apparently lost the source code to Daggerfall. Not to mention ID software updated the Doom engine and made it more versatile when it was ported to Windows, Bethesda hasn't updated either Arena's or Daggerfalls engine to make it simpler to use in a modern computing environment. Not only would Arena be impossibly difficult to port, but Bethesda and many other people simply don't feel the need to do it.

I haven't downloaded any xbox originals, as I was concerned about porting glitches/errors might be more pronounced. Is this a legitiment concern? As far as the keyboard, the only game on xbox 360 that can use it so far as I know is FFxi. Microsoft may not support Keyboard/Mice, but there's no reason why the games shouldn't. Microsoft can't dictate what controls a game can use, that would be way outside their power which is why I don't see why Oblivion didn't have the option for keyboard and mouse, I would love to at least have that resource at my disposal. And with that I'm going to let this debate die, it's almost turning into a flame.

DF was the most ambitious in terms of the scale of what it attempted to cover; MW went almost to the opposite extreme in covering a small area in extreme detail. Oblivion somewhere between the 2 but closer to MW than DF. Which you prefer is more a matter of the style you prefer than anything else. Morrowind was my first. Despite its flaws I still think it is a really great game. Morrowind had such an epic feel to it in terms of the game world. I really enjoyed finding obscure caves and tombs and things. I hope the next game can duplicate the feeling