Thread: Will Prey 2 be as awesome as its predecessor

Will Prey 2 be as awesome as its predecessor

I bet it will be, in fact I am going to bet it’s going to be incomparable because Prey 2 seems to be rolling over to a RPG territory and is so much more than just a first person shooter with awesome mechanics. I am personally a fan of Human Head Studios. I loved Rune and I loved Prey, I bought both and played them through to the end, they kept me entertained for the whole time and they had plenty of replayability, now with Prey 2 they seem to be going into more of a Role-playing Territory while mixing up a lot of stuff from games like Mass Effect and Mirror's Edge, and adding some mysterious stealth system, I have not played The Blair Witch Project Vol.2 or Dead Man's Hand, but I am certain I am missing out on those. from what I have seen of Human head Studios, they seem to focus a lot on making the gameplay immensely good, make the storyline involving and focus a bit less on graphics, they just seem to make rather simple graphics, but incredibly good games.

Re: Will Prey 2 be as awesome as its predecessor

Prey 2? There’s something I not at all thought I would see, I thought the first game was a bit crap (alright to be honest I thought it was a huge steaming turd) with its' painfully cliche characters and guns that "felt" like there was no force or impact involved. The 'walking on the ceiling' bit turned out to be nothing more than a nauseating gimmick. Portal did it better infinity. I am hoping they have learned from this though, as the premise is good and this could actually be a decent game to save the first one from generic crappiness. Actually strike that- not anything can save the original from generic crappiness. It was rubbish. I saw it at my local supermarket for a fiver.

There is not a game that has been made that does not have generic characters, so what are you talking about? In that regard prey was no worse than average, there are no grounds to say that it was. And besides, since when does anyone judge a game on the characterization? Especially five years ago. Except of course Bioware fans, who, by definition, seem to prefer it while poor characterization actually gets in the way of the gameplay.

Here I just wish to add something in this case. I think this game can turn out to be incredibly awesome, maybe even more than its predecessor. From the info it looks like it's going to be a lot different than the first game, I hope they keep some of the awesome elements from Prey 1. I can hardly imagine how awesome combining parkour and reversing gravity would be. I as well hope the game has the same creepy atmosphere that the first one had.

I would hope that Prey 2 far surpasses the mediocrity that is Prey (1). I will admit that for the short time that the game lasted, I enjoyed it; in a mindless fun kind of way. However, the story was crap, and a little cheesy in places - again I will admit I enjoyed the creepy elements to the game. The multiplayer was poor, but who bought the game for the multiplayer. It was also beyond piss easy. You could not die. End Of.

Such harsh words, people really disliked the first prey just about as much as I dislike counter-strike (so crappy). I thought Prey was well worth my money but yes you've got a point about it being mindless, but there are not very many horror games that I finish. This is one of the few that I did. As for cheesy storyline and main characters, I do kind of agree, I did not like the character I played, worthless cowardly bastard. But this was also one of these rare shooter games where you're not playing some badass duke Nukem commando guy; you're just playing a sissy farmer boy that’s stupid and selfish. It’s a rarity from a certain perspective. And the brutality certainly wasn't lacking.

My only complaint about the first prey is that there was absolutely NO penalty for dying, made the game WAY too easy, and was hard to keep my interest. Other than that the first prey was frickin awesome. As well, if you could make the upcoming Bethesda games 3d, that would be awesome. I bought a 55" 3D Plasma and have very few 3d games to play on it, although the up convert from 2d-3d does work pretty well, it’s at a standstill not the similar.