Thread: Sherlock Homes Vs Call of Cthulhu

Sherlock Homes Vs Call of Cthulhu

There's a demo obtainable too if anyone would like to give this a quick try before you buy. I haven't actually gotten around to picking up the game itself yet, though I am quite certain I will. The demo is pretty good fun, showing off a wide variety of ways in which you can discover and analyze clues. There's a few decent voice talent, quite looking environments with lots of believable clutter and there are some strong hints within the first few minutes that the Cult of Cthulhu may well be involved in the mystery somehow.

Re: Sherlock Homes Vs Call of Cthulhu

Well I actually own this game, and I have completed it once. Overall I think it was very entertaining with some genuinely dark elements. In terms of it being true to Lovecraft, I'd say it's as faithful as any scenario for the Call of Cthulhu RP-game would be. It's not a "book to game" adaptation (where one could claim that Dark Corners may be a game adaptation of "Shadow over Innsmouth and Dagon), but it's set in the Lovecraftian universe and it's quite true to it.

This game is available on Steam now! I agree with the cross-over’s idea, but not necessarily the publicist. I like the fact that not everyone knows of Cthulhu. Makes me feel special for being one of the ones that does. Yeah, like we're part of some secret society or a cult, some kind of "Cthulhu Cult". I played the demo through Steam, but couldn't really get into it. I found myself wandering around, having no idea what I was meant to do to proceed.

I have newly finished "The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Serrated Scapel" and, at the same time, have just started to introduce myself to the world of Cthulhu. Never thought I'd see the day Holmes would do his part in preventing Cthulhu from being reawakened once more. Might try playing the demo later on when I get a chance to cool off from writing for Lost in the Darkness. I am assuming there was a clue I was meant to see, but I had no idea where it was. I ended up getting frustrated and quitting.

Got a chance to finally play the game and I am pretty impressed so far at the gameplay, graphics and story. The game kind has forces you to think like Sherlock Holmes and, at rare moments, Watson too. Then again, this would’t is a Sherlock Holmes game if the game didn't do this. I attempted playing through this; I just couldn't get in to it. It was too clunky and picky for me. The atmosphere wasn't half bad, though.

I lastly beat this game over the summer and I got to say I am lastly starting to like these thinking games. I might even try my hand at Myst (well, maybe not, but it is on the DS now) But the game does put you in the shoes of Sherlock Holmes and I ain't no Sherlock Holmes, i didn't even feel bad the times I cheated, and I hate cheating on video games. But I beat my brother’s copy on his computer and I am at a standstill planning to get my own copy for my computer so that should tell you something.

There are some things though, like while I was standing on the docks I watched two passing ships pass right through each other, just a warning to those of you that might be picky about that kind of thing, I am not. I really enjoyed this game and felt like a freakin' genius whenever I got something right. However I didn’t like the ending at all. I don't want to give spoilers but the ending was just kind of flat, with no twist or anything. The ending felt more like the middle. But overall it was a great game.