Thread: How'd you end up in jail in the elder scrolls?

How'd you end up in jail in the elder scrolls?

In Morrowind and Oblivion you start in prison (or a prison ship), and I ask how did you end up there? In Morrowind, my dunmeri knight, Sir Zalphon Broodikus, was framed for a crime he did not commit. In Oblivion, the same knight was once again framed. There are higher powers in Tamriel, and they're not shy about exercising their power in subtle ways, when they have to. Please share your experience and knowledge with us. I am waiting for your replies thank you.

Re: How'd you end up in jail in the elder scrolls?

On Morrowind my character got drunk and started smashing the bar up and when a female guard came to try and get him to calm down he started to hit on her. In Oblivion my character got caught having an affair with one of the Emperors sons’ wife. But I think the difference between boat and dungeon is a superficial one if you're being held against your will in both. I mean, that's a concrete fact of your character's situation, lore-wise. They're prisoners.

For Morrowind, I worked in a kind of elaborate story for my main character about how he was part of a scouting party at the tail end of the War of the Red Diamond, who was imprisoned by means of the Elder Council during the reign of Mad Pelagius on behalf of accidentally uncovering the Wolf Queen's last revenge on her brother's lineage. And so he rotted within prison for two full centuries until Uriel sent him sightseeing.

I was caught stealing a powerful Imperial Artifact for someone who was paying me big, a night Guard which was unexpected happened to come in the same corridor I was in and caught me with the Artifact in my hands, the guard tried to arrest me but I ran with the Artifact. The Guard lost footing in the darkness of the pursuit but when I turned in the item to the buyer two guards confronted me in the buyer's house and threw me in jail along with taking back the artifact. The justice of the Empire sought my exile and cast me out to Morrowind for the crime.

In Oblivion I was mysteriously fined for Loitering in the Archer's Paradox when I was simply waiting for the shipment or weapons to arrive. The Guards arrested me and despite the store owner's protest against my arrest the guard threw me into the Bravil jail. After several days of being cramped up in the jail, the guards came down to visit me along with the castle mage. The guards restrained me to the ground as the mage casted a spell on me then I passed out. When I awoken, I found myself in the Imperial city's prison. Soon after which the Blades arrived with the Emperor right behind them, shocking it was I journeyed with him until his demise.

Mainly I see that being in a little boat, I can say I am cheap for a ferry of using that boat instead of a cruiser, or mere fact I can be an agent for the Emperor, or I can just be a person who travel around as a homeless. Not to mention one can do whatever the heck the person want when they get out of the office. Oblivion wise, no matter what, the toon is in jail for an unsaid crime. I RATHER that it does not go as far as to THAT and put the toon in the prison cell. I rather not that I have to create some crappy ass reason as to WHY I am in that jail cell in the first place.

My current Morrowind character ended up in jail because she had the misfortune of choosing the wrong day to go shopping in the Imperial City. A riot broke out and the guards pretty much rounded up everybody who got caught up in it, including my char. After that, we all know what happens. My only serious Oblivion char (who is now gone for well) ended up in jail for starting a bar brawl. Not intentionally, mind you.