Thread: The Elder scrolls Official Speculation

The Elder scrolls Official Speculation

This thread is for member speculation of when and if TES V will be released. This is where you post any new information about when it might be released, tidbits from interviews which mention it and such. It is also where you post your theories of when you think it might come out based on guesses, number crunching, rumors or such. We feel that this is an important thread in this forum but not so important that we're going to let it run rampant. Lately it's been a chore to take care of, if this continues we're going to start handing out warnings for this behavior and when the thread hits 200 posts we may wait a few days before opening a new iteration.

Re: The Elder scrolls Official Speculation

I can see how you would view it as off topic but we are only talking about the other games as to rule them out as the next GI cover in February. Which we think and hope is the next installment of the Elder Scrolls. If we talk about how its been less than a year since ME2 was released we are saying it because that rules it out as the next GI cover. I am not trying to be argumentative but it seems like the mods have consistently missed this point.

Also, regarding the discussion of other games - if I'm interpreting this correctly, unless it's directly related to a potential future TES announcement, it's off limits. No proposing or "ruling out" of games we feel compete with the slot we expect TES to fill. If that's the case, I respectfully disagree with what the staff defines as "off-topic", but I will happily comply because, frankly, I'd rather have somewhere to discuss TES:V developments and have to pare down what we discuss than have no place whatsoever to do so.

A small amount of discussion like this is OK providing it's kept closely tied to the topic at hand but it's quite common in these threads for these discussions to go on at length and in depth, and often only keeping a tenuous connection to TES V. So it's acceptable to say "I don't think Bethesda would show TES V at the VGAs, they've gone with magazine unveiling lately and even expanded upon this with FONV. Granted FONV was developed by Obsidian but it's a Bethesda IP. I'd guess that Or stomper Extreme will be shown at the VGA instead, that would fit Acme Games development cycle since their games are usually released three years apart."

I agree, if Bethesda had an development game they'd already announced I could see them showing a new game play video or something similar at the VGAs but an announcement seems unlikely. I don't think Bethesda will necessarily stick with big magazine unveiling but I do think they'd avoid an event that has so many other announcements in it. I'm sure an Elder Scrolls V announcement would get plenty of coverage even if it was in the middle of a big event like the VGAs or E3 but why compete for air time if you don't have to.

As I mentioned before, the first two pages are all quotes from developers about specific games. Nothing really interesting here. On the third page is the title "Elder Lore" and a map of Tamriel with 9 circles and numbers over the location that each of the games and expansion packs took place in, two of those numbers being in a little hole "torn" into the map labeled "Oblivion." Above it is a quote from Todd talking about how they try to treat the world like a real place that you can make a difference in.

It would not be acceptable to start with that and then include an in depth run down of the Acme Games development cycles, their marketing strategies, or what not. If people are discussing the VGAs it also isn't acceptable to have a side-conversation about what you think will and won't be there, that belongs in it's own thread in Community Discussion. Where it would be fine to dissect the marketing strategies of Acme Games by the way. A general discussion of Bethesda Soft works or BGS may touch on other titles they're involved with, specifically the Fallout titles, and we're more understanding here: a discussion of BGS dev cycles that didn't involve Fallout would be rather silly. However we still don't want to see an in depth discussion on Fallout development or what they're doing with rage etc.