Thread: The Elder Scrolls : Altmer vs Dunmer

The Elder Scrolls : Altmer vs Dunmer

Who do you think is more stronger dunmer or altmer. I think Dunmer are stronger because they are quite skilled in blade bow and destruction magic and while altmer are really good at magic they have the biggest weakness to it while dunmer have resistance to fire please give detailed description to who you think are stronger about the multi posting my computer froze and i kept on clicking the post button.

Re: The Elder Scrolls : Altmer vs Dunmer

Well, Altmer will never achieve CHIM because they're too busy crying about the Sundering. One Chimer/Dunmer that we know of has done so, though. Which means that that person can just own the Altmer with his word of god. I'm going to say Dunmer because in a face to face battle they would win and perhaps even in a magic battle. While Altmer are more adept at magic they also have a serious weakness to it. With Dunmer being adept at destruction I could see this not ending well for the Altmer.

Because good features will remain good features? I'm not going to play Morrowind because I've played every piece of content in that game over and over again. Yea people suggest a lot of stuff that was in Morrowind, because they removed a lot of the good stuff in oblivion. There is nothing bad about that. Yea Skyrim is a new game, which is why I want it to be as good as it can, which often is something from Morrowind, since it was a great game. I'm not suggested we go back to Morrowind’s combat system, I found it extremely lacking, and happy that Skyrim has once again improved on this. I also find voice acting very immersive for the gameplay, but just because I happen to also want things that were in Morrowind that not mean we want Morrowind 2.0

Excuse me, but how does this have anything to do with the topic at hand? Can we please concentrate on that, and not pick any fights? Personally, I'd say they're both equally strong but in different ways. Dunmer for melee combat, certainly, and probably close-ranged magical combat as well. The Altmer magical weakness compared to the Dunmer fire resistance tips the scales in favor of the Dunmer. In a long magical battle, though, the Altmer's extra magicka gained from having a higher Intelligence would give more points to the Altmer.

You say you want Skyrim to be the best game it can, but it seems to me like you want it to be a rehash of morrowind, Beth would b better off evolving the franchise rather than make morrowind 2.0. Try suggesting some fresh ideas for Skyrim rather than begging to have morrowind features back. Oh and I believe that OB was better than morrowind, it had far superior graphics and combat system . Which funnily enough is important to some people as gameplay.

On the plus size for Altmers...magic, magic magic. Taking a birthsign that adds to magicka in addition to their already high starting magicka and high starting intelligence means that you can cast mad amount of spells. And later in the game you can cast some spectacular spells that can obliterate enemies before they even have much chance to react. So later in the game their weaknesses aren't nearly as much of an issue (especially when you add in enchanted items with elemental resistance). I also love the 75% disease resistance. My Altmer never got sick (and then got stuck with all of the annoying stat drains that come with it), while my Dunmers got sick constantly. Of course on the downside before they get some type elemental resistance they are vulnerable to all magical attacks. This is really annoying and deadly in the first part of the game.