Thread: The Elder Scrolls: What Morrowind great house do you belong to in?

The Elder Scrolls: What Morrowind great house do you belong to in?

If I were actually going by my own personal beliefs, it would probably be Hlaalu, though I'd be of those whose Imperial loyalty is actually real, the only business I'd ever consider having with the Commona Tong would be the kind that leaves their members dead. But I find Telvanni and Redoran to be more interesting as in-game factions, it just happens that the Redoran are too big on clinging to old traditions for me to agree with them, and the Telvanni are jerks. In reality, though, which, if any, house I join depends on what suits my character. And really, if I had a choice, I'd probably just stay out of the great houses entirely, all that political stuff could make lots of enemies.

Re: The Elder Scrolls: What Morrowind great house do you belong to in?

Well, that the shorter, and a bit nicer, term of isolationist for the Telvanni. More so in ya term, and Voby's, in addition to in slave holding, Mage Guild hating, all for myself type of person. I would assume that unless my toon was really an Telvanni-origin toon, my mindset isn't really that flexible to actually be allies with some of the member within the organization. I might as well be like Divayth Fyr and study in my own little world.

But Hlaalu are greedy bastards with no honour, who break deals and cheat customers if there's an advantage. They resort to thuggery if they can't legitimately beat their competitors products as well. House Hlaalu is despicable, I find their organization offensive to the ideal of basic courtesy and self-responsibility. I would say that they are equally as heartless as the Telvanni, but they are much worse because their actions affect many more people and they know it.

What I find funny is that the Telvanni is probably the most truthful of all the houses. If they don't like you, you'll know it, and if they want something, they'll let you know it. With Redoran, they cowardly hide behind an outer layer of "honor" when in reality that house is completely full of rot on the inside. Hlaalu are just opportunistic businessmer who follow the almighty septim/drake, and will lie, cheat, swindle and push for more monies. Can't say much about Dres and Indoril, other than Indoril is over the top fanatics, and Dres is a house who sticks to the old ways (ancestor worship), especially the slavery part.

I'm not political, so Hlaalu's ideal. You keep the right friends, and they'll keep you. Then they mostly don't care what you do with your life. Telvanni's too zealous, in the later respect, and Redoran is too up tight with notions of honor, to even consider. They're perfectionists, taking themselves way too seriously. Dres, Dagoth, Dwemer and Indoril are also non factors. I suppose Hlaalu is the middle ground