Thread: The Elder Scrolls : Which is the Favorite Tribunal God ?

The Elder Scrolls : Which is the Favorite Tribunal God ?

Which Tribunal God was your favorite? was it Vivec, Almalexia, or Sotha Sil?

• Vivec- Stopped the falling moon in mid air, taught the dunmers water breathing and flooded morrowind in order to drown the akavir invaders. Taunted Mehrunes Dagon to throw the rock at him instead of a dunmer group. Had a thing with Molag Bal and maintained the ghost fence after the other gods gave up.
    • Almalexia- Married saint Nervar, created the Her Hands faction which had some of the most powerful mortal warriors. With the help of the underking, she defeated Ada'Soom Dir-Kamal a kamal demon king and with the help of sotha sil she defeated Mehrunes Dagon. Insane enough to fight the Nerevarine after she gave him trueflame a god killing sword.
    • Sotha Sil- The mage, the clock maker, the tinker and the greatest wizard. Defeated Mehrunes Sagon with the help of Almalexia and had the guts to go to oblivion and meet up with 8 daedric princes. Becoming a machine and created the clockworld city.

Re: The Elder Scrolls : Which is the Favorite Tribunal God ?

I agree with Almalexia when she said that Vivec was a poet, nothing more. But she was also a complete , and I really wanted to meet Sotha. Vivec. Warrior-poet. Magic hermaphrodite. Coolest NPC I've ever met in a video game. I don't see why people label him as a liar or as villainous. He clearly loved the Dunmer people. I'm sad I never got to meet Sotha Sil, though. He seemed very interesting, and I would have rather met him than Almalexia.

You mean aside from the whole being a treacherous, megalomaniacal dwemer-hater who murdered his lover's husband because he wouldn't let him play with magic toys thing? As for love of the Dunmer- well, it makes for good PR, but there is no way of knowing how true it is. I have no great love for any of the Tribunal, though I understand that their apotheosis can be interpreted as a selfless act. I am no fan of the Tribunal, but Sotha Sil always seemed like he would be interesting to meet. I liked him in the 2920 series, if that's accurate enough to base him off of.

As for Almalexia- note that she was regarded as being an excellent leader when she was a mortal. According to the priests in Tribunal, it was the loss of her power that drove her crazy. I don't doubt that she was always a nasty piece of work, but it's not really fair to pronounce her 'crazy' or 'stupid' based on her actions in Tribunal- and attempting to murder the avatar of your husband, whom you murdered, is consistent. Almalexia and Sotha Sil had just as much to do with Nerevar's murder as Vivec, but you're talking about Vivec the mortal, not Vivec the God. He had plenty of guilt for his mortal actions. The 36 Lessons of Vivec were pretty much an explanation to the Nerevarine as to why it killed the same.

I didn't mean to single out Vivec- the crime was shared. I'm also aware that Vivec the mortal and Vivec the god are, in a sense, different entities, and that Vivec may have felt guilt. However, some significant element of the god Vivec stems from the mortal Vivec- both in terms of causality and in terms of identity. It's not that I hate Vivec. I think he is a complex and interesting character- but I don't think one should gloss over his failings.

I don't know why but I always found him very sly and slick. Its look is really cool looking and yes, he has a "I'm lost" look on his face which is even cooler. Even in its other portraits of him, he had a lost look on his face. His clothing is royally bad ass. His look is so also fitting for the Temple organization that he would look good in his own personal ordinator armor to finish off his pauldrons and gauntlet although for his helm, I would prefer no feathers on top of the helm for him. Second to Revan, he's my favorite video game character. He would've been my favorite of all time if it weren't for his bad deeds. He looks cool in his statues too. I always wondered if that spear he was holding in that one statue was his own enchanted spear.