Thread: Zynga poker: Dealer rotation policy?

Zynga poker: Dealer rotation policy?

I assumed that after every hand the player to the left of the dealer would deal the next hand. That’s doesn't seem to happen all the time. If one of the player's who put up the small or big blind go all in and lose, then the dealer doesn't rotate. Has anyone else noticed this? Or is it just me in this case. Because if anyone would have noticed the same issue earlier then I would have found many cases discussed on the same. So please help me in this case and let me know the proper scenario in this case.

Re: Zynga poker: Dealer rotation policy?

It is a poorly coded dealer routine IMO the dealer button moves one place to the left and pushes the SB and BB around too, if players leave the table or go bust then it is possible to be BB or SB numerous times in a row. My record is 2 BB then 4 SB then dealer then SB again. It should be the BB that moves one place to the left and drags the SB and dealer with it, and you should never be the SB or the BB more than once in an orbit.

I asked myself that too. Numerous times I sit at the table and then players stand up and I have to pay like 3 big and small blinds! That’s not fair. And by the way I was always asking myself why the hell do we need to pay bb when we sit at the table. The blind that you pay when you first sit is called a Post Blind. This is to avoid people standing up when the BB is near. Zynga should eliminate Post blind when you have already paid once.

There was a huge problem with blind dodging last year. Zynga introduced the 'BB to sit down' fee to discourage it and it does the job well. It is only 1 percent of your stack when you join a table. If you say so, but there are many other problems they could look at. Post blind is just ridiculous because I pay that and the BB is all over on me again because people stand up all the time. Just think it’s not fair.

The way the button moves around is based on the big blind. The big blind always advances to the next player clockwise. Then the small blind is the player to the right of the big blind and the button is the player to the right of the small blind. I'm not exactly sure what this is called, but it is definitely not the dead button rule. The problem with the Facebook Poker button rule is that if the player who is the big blind keeps getting knocked out in consecutive hands, the small blind player gets hit with the small blind in multiple hands.

The Facebook poker button rule is actually unfair to the small blind as he may have to post multiple small blinds in consecutive hands. With the dead button rule, if the BB is eliminated, the player to the left of that player should be the BB, and there should be no SB. This way, no player gets hit with multiple big blinds or small blinds. This is generally how we play in our home games. I would have like FB poker to use the dead button rule.