Thread: Zynga poker application is very slow.

Zynga poker application is very slow.

I really enjoy playing poker, but now find that the flash app is consuming 100% or more multi core CPU on my Macbook Air, the same on my AMD Dual Core 3.6 Ghz PC, and 100%+ on at least one core of my ' quad core PC. It sure is pretty to play, but how many older computers out there have stopped playing the game because they find themselves being auto folded all the time? Please lighten up the app before I end up being one of the people abandoning your game because it's too heavy.

Re: Zynga poker application is very slow.

A lot of us think the same way. Though it might seem a minor annoyance at first it soon becomes a major peeve when it keeps repeating. And, as one who played before it had all the extra stuff added, I turn well know that it's not MY computer or connection that is at fault when things go belly-up and more chips are lost through freezes and outright disconnections. I hope that you are getting my point here and also will be able to solve your issues.

I joined the PC age with win95, used Amiga before that i had the misfortune to have to play with 3.11wfw when i started working in 97, luckily all i had to do was power them off and skip them. O/S2warp, now there was an OS. At least may be with all the programming and GUI you have created I know there is a away to save and view peoples stats and their playing characteristics and then take that and create areas for people who want to play poker and not "bet and pray."

It is quite distracting to see all the movement and animation I understand it is your game, your programming, and you dime and you can do whatever the heck you want, but I for one am getting annoyed with it and have been playing on Poker Stars and Full tilt more often because of the annoyance. Another thing that peeves me is not having an Adults only area so we don't have to deal with the immature "ALL In" before a flop.

I have to agree with everyone who's posted. I run XP with 2 gigs of RAM. Not a lot, but certainly more than enough for a simple GAME. In fact, we updated the RAM (doubled) and the video card to see if we'd see improved performance. It did. But now it's worse than it ever was. 100% is scary. Real scary. It's no longer a question of IF you're going to be booted, but when. Recently played? Why does this all have to be on the load page, I do not understand this at all.

I tend to have a little more compassion for 'victims'. We're not all as knowledgeable in certain areas. Heck, I couldn't fix a nuclear reactor or take over a brain operation in mid-course. Should I be castigated by those who can? For a new internet user it's not so much a steep learning curve, more a vertical ascent and a little charity for other's misfortune should not be considered out of place. I hope that you are getting my point here.

Well if you will ask me then the main thing to designing a portal is to give information regarding the information (that is information of information). As per my information portal is mainly designed in two forms that is vertical and horizontal. Now vertical portal focuses on a particular subject or any kind of issue or any sub category now we can consider the sports sites as the vertical portal because their main aspect is sport and nothing else. And on the other hand horizontal portal means a place where number of subjects is taken in consideration like Love to know is a site where numerous aspects are covered under one.