Thread: Zynga is forcing me to accept their emails

Zynga is forcing me to accept their emails

I can see them doing that now that I've just tried to access other Zynga games. Farmville, Mafia Wars, now show a 'giving me e-mail' screen without the option of bypassing it. Looks like they're serious about people giving them their e-mail identities and what steps they'll take to acquire them. That's me blocked from their games, then. As for the 'unsubscribe' option...Have seen one player say that when he did that the nag screen reappeared. So, not really a working option. And, if I can 'unsubscribe' why should I give them my e-mail in the first place if I'm then going to block it from Zynga ? 'NO!' cuts out the middleman.

Re: Zynga is forcing me to accept their emails

I said ironically because registering on the forums already requires a valid e-mail address. Also, if you remove your e-mail address via Facebook, then the nag screen reappears. If you click the unsubscribe link in any message you receive, you can set the messages for which you will be e-mailed to "none" without penalty. The idea is not unsubscribing or whatever is unfair they obligate players to subscribe and receive mails, without a "no thanks" option or a "X" to close the pop up window.

I gave them my email, cause it doesn’t bother me. I have no other email account then the one I have on Gmail. And Gmail is so damn good in seeking and destroying spam that I am one happy user. But it is very bad played by Zynga when the window of that mail wanting thing in treasure isle blocked my island and that costs me 2 days of playing and still counting. At this time, members who would like to change their email address for Zynga junk mail - new ones cannot be confirmed. I don't know how to change it further

My suggestion, if you want to continue to play Zynga poker, is to set up a Zynga only email address. Do it when you sign up because I cannot change it again!! I don't know if Gmail is blocking anything with Zynga in the ID. Perhaps I'll try another throwaway email address tomorrow. That being said, it does indeed look as if you can disable all notifications by going to settings at the bottom of the page. Those seem to be respected at this time.

I noticed today that my "Progress bar" was at 80%. Huh? So I looked at the status and sure enough, it says I have given them my email address.. I have made dang sure that hasn't happened. Even to the point of being almost too obsessive about it. Are we really to the point that they are now just "taking" our email? The only thing I can figure is that last week when that stupid pop up was there blocking access without a "no thanks" button, that clicking other parts of the screen registered as the "accept" button click. This wouldn't surprise me a bit given that this is Zynga, and they have shown to be underhanded and less than honest in the past.

Are you talking of that little bar that says "progress"?If so then no. It was at like 20%, just because installing the app & liking it. I did not have it bookmarked, subscribed, & whatever the other one was. I have already removed the app. Have not gotten any more emails from the poker app, but still getting them from FV & MW they are going straight to the spam folder now though. I have removed & blocked them also.