Thread: Zynga poker: Cry me a river contest

Zynga poker: Cry me a river contest

It was a beautiful thing seeing bullets dealt to me and being the last to act was all the better! I had an Ace of clubs and an Ace of spades and there was no stopping this train! The guy across from me makes a hefty bet and it was fold all the way around to me, the man who was going to crush his dreams. I raise twice his bet and all are folded except him. I didn't want him all in cause I know Aces get cracked a lot, but I wanted as much as I could get without having to see a flop. In a flash the guy shouts ALL IN! Not what I wanted but, hey, I'm holding the strongest starting hand you can have so I of course call.

Re: Zynga poker: Cry me a river contest

Well, it all started with me messing around on some 100k minimum buy in tables. I worked my way up to about 2.1 Million in about 20 minutes. I've been higher before, almost to 200M and I knew how easy it was to lose chips fast. But I thought to myself; why not give a higher table a go? So, I bought into a 2M Minimum Buy-In table. I Don’t remember what the cards were but I remember the suits! Diamond! Heart! Heart! He now has a flush draw! Still, he'd have to get runner, runner hearts to win

I played a tight game for about 30 minutes, and I was down to 1.8 M, so I had won some and lost some, stolen a few blinds, but nothing too exciting. Then, I notice a player going all-in every hand, probably playing a Bingo style.. I hovered my mouse over his name, and saw he had over 100 M chips, so I understood his carelessness with chips at this table. 5 people were still active in this hand, not including me and the aforementioned Bingo Player. I slow-played it, and checked it through to him. He raised to 1,000,000 chips. Everyone called and it was back around to me. I decided to just call.

This went on for quite a few hands, probably around twenty.. Then, I was dealt a pocket pair 9's. Nothing too fancy, but worth seeing a Flop. At this point, I was at 2.4 M chips, and I wasn't worried about a small raise pre-flop. Well, of course the player with over 100 M chips picks this exact time to check. The flop came up, and I couldn't believe my eyes 6 of Hearts, 6 of Diamonds, and a 9 of Hearts. I had flopped a Full Boat with the top trips.

I was thinking that this was perfect. 5 of hearts, 6 of hearts, 9 of hearts, and a 6 of diamonds. Someone in this hand was going for a flush, someone was going for the straight, and someone had trip sixes. And I already had a full house. I checked again, and of course, the Bingo Player raised a brutal amount. I'm not talking just my remaining 1.2 M, but a 5 M raise. 3 of the 5 people called, and it got around to me.. I paused and decided to take a few seconds to think it over.

It has been comical game ups and downs. The players were all fun and light spirited. .But now things are getting serious. I think to myself. This is it, I'm lost if I don’t' do something quick. And I’ll never see that dark eyed beauty again. Since my Zynga days will be over. The cards come out my eyes get a little glow2 queens. See I have a fondness for black cards. The red ones cause me to bleed too often. I raise half my chips. Every one folds except of course, that beauty of girl in red across from me.