Thread: Dirt 3 not going full screen, stucked on windowed mode

Dirt 3 not going full screen, stucked on windowed mode

I have windows 7 and I I am going to play Dirt 3 on the same. There is no issue right now on the system but I have a bit problem with fixing the resolution of this game. It is stucked on windowed mode. I am not able to get fullscreen mode. I had set the resolution maximum and when I apply the settings, there is a black screen and again the game goes back to windowed mode. Is this a game glitch. Is there anyone else who is getting the same problem.

Re: Dirt 3 not going full screen, stucked on windowed mode

I think it's a normal for the game to run in windowed mode. It looks that your pc is not able to produce the maximum amount of resolution. Just because of that you are getting the error. You must simply try to update your video drivers. It will be better to help you more if you can post all your system requirements here. What processor you have and what gpu you are using for playing this game.

I also think you are having some problem with the video driver. I got this problem with a old game. At that time I was using a CRT monitor. And later on upgraded to a 19inch lcd monitor. The game on CRT works on full screen but on the lcd there was problem. I can only see black screen and audio in the background. I was not having a gpu at that time. Later on I bought a Nvidia 512mb card which resolve the issue. So in your case I think your pc does not supports the minimum requirement to run Dirt 3.

You can begin by changing the desktop resolution. Try to modify the same and then test back. Set the resolution on maximum and launch the game. If the game resolution does not changes on its own then try once through the video settings. If that also did not work then I will recommend you to re-install the game back. This will simply restore the old settings and it will properly. This is the easiest way to fix the problem that you are facing.

Hey guys,

Pressing Alt + Enter should see you right.

Your a legend

Hey, this is not a driver issue or anything it is just the game, to remedy, go to your your windows user area and find dirt 3 and go into hardware settings ( c:/users/name/my documents/my games/dirt 3/hardware settings/ this is the default) and find hardware settings config, at this point open that file in notepad, find where it says fullscreen="false" and change this to true. Hope that this helps as a long term fix