Thread: No Hardware Sound in Dirt 3

No Hardware Sound in Dirt 3

Well I have installed Dirt 3 on the computer of mine. after playing the game for the couple of hours I have found that the there is an issue with the sound of the engine of this particular game. I am unable to figure out why I am unable to get the good sound in the game. is this a hardware issue or there is something wrong with the game itself. Let me know if you are having specific solution on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: No Hardware Sound in Dirt 3

Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here i want to know folloing information which would be useful to get the requirement of yours. which operating system do you have installed? Let me know about the hardware configuration of the computer? Do you having the Steam version of the game? Do you have installed all the necessary drivers on the computer so that the game can run smoothly on the computer of yours.

I am suggesting following steps which you can use to fix the matter of yours.
    Well you need to move for the following location on the computer.
    Code:
    C:\Users\your user name\Documents\My Games\DiRT3\hardwaresettings
    Now you have to search for the hardware_settings_config.xml file. You need to open the file into notepad and simply go for the Audio.
    Code:
    <audio_card>
    <audio mixing="Rupture3D" />
    </audio_card>
    You need to change to the Rupture3D to Hardware. I am hoping that it would be useful to meet the requirement of yours.

I let you know that there is sync issue with the sound of the hardware in the game. Well the Rupture3D is using the CPU processor to run the sound on the system of yours. hardware mode is taking the load of the CPU so that there is boost in the performance of the game. Letting X-Fi is doing the sound processing. It is using its own processor so there would be better quality in the game.

I am highly suspecting that the problem which you are getting while playing the game is happening due to sound card issue. Well I recommend that you should simply install the latest version of the sound card drivers on the computer. you need to visit the official website of the sound card manufacturer and simply download the latest version of the sound card driver and install the same on the system of yours. Well after finishing with installation you should reboot the computer and try to play the game and see whether you are getting any issue or not.

Do you have reinstalled the game on the computer of yours? well you should simply uninstall the entire game from the computer of yours then reboot the computer of yours then you should make an attempt to install the game on the computer. after installing the game you should see that you are having any issue. I am hoping that it would be helpful to fix the problem.

Well in this particular situation I am suspecting that the problem might be occurring due to bug issue. So I recommend that you should simply file a bug report to the developer of the game. the developer of the game would work round on the situation and release the patch after fixing the bug. You should mentioned all the information regarding the computer configuration and they will help you out to fix the matter of yours.