Thread: How many Big Blinds can I play in Zynga Poker

How many Big Blinds can I play in Zynga Poker

Much as some of us would love a higher buy in amount than the one player is currently allowed to join a table with it isn’t going to happen. When queried, the 'official' answer was that higher buy-ins was bad for business and so they were dropped. It has been pointed out, many times by many players to the developers that some players are turning a game of skill into one of Pot Luck. Apart from the raising of the buy-ins, which was tried and discarded, what else can be done to turn the situation around, without altering the nature of game?

Re: How many Big Blinds can I play in Zynga Poker

My choice is definitely more I'd like to play with 200BB or more, but in Zynga poker it's pointless because of the stacks of the other players. Usually, after half an hour of searching for a good table, I can usually find a table where half of the players have about 100BB, so I join with 100BB, even if I'd prefer to join with more. Don't get me wrong, these 10bb players are Zynga's 1 cash cow, so it makes no sense for zynga to raise the min buy-in everywhere, but zynga will make more money if they create a separate space/server for people who want to play with more blinds.

I just log on for a short while, now and again these days, as frankly the game doesn't hold the same attraction as it used to. While accepting that 'all-in' pre-flop is a strategy, players are not using it in the manner it was intended 9-4 unsuited, pre-flop? How on earth is that a viable tactic? I haven't the same tolerance for the level of stupid that swamps this game daily, hence my losing interest rapidly in playing it.

I would really, really love the blinds being raised to 40 or 50BB and the developers gritting their teeth and making it permanent instead of caving in to the incompetent, shrieking bingo masses. Chips are cheap enough now for the most addled bingo player to keep topping up, so if the prices are held, or even lowered, then raising the BB at this time makes a lot of sense, and may draw me back into the game. I haven't been playing here for months for the same reason: too many people buy in with just 10bb.

I have been wandering away from the game for a while now for this reason, although I've started playing for real money online too which keeps me busy. I still like a friendly game, but its almost impossible to get a decent ring game table, and there are not enough sit n goes at the 100K and above buy in to make it feel worthwhile. Also, there seems to be less chatting at the tables than there used to be, it just isnt as friendly I suppose.

I think the people who were passionate about this issue have departed and left for other sites, no longer willing to risk their hard-won chips against the numpty brigade. As previously said, I no longer spend as much time playing this version as I can't play like a depressed lemming near a cliff top. I've tried, but my nearest and dearest couldn't stand the slack-jawed, drooling, twitchy half-wit I turned into. There is now, seemingly, a huge majority of terrible players who have driven anyone serious about the game away from it.

You've probably noticed that even when people do complain about bingo, they usually make far-fetched suggestions like "no-bingo room" or "no preflop all-in". This just shows that most Zynga players don't care or don't want to change the buy-in structure, and we don't have enough experienced players to make Zynga do anything about it. For example, at the 10m/100m tables, most people play with 10m-30m, and in most servers, the 10m/100m tables are almost always empty. So I've been thinking why can't Zynga raise the min buy-in at some of these chronically empty tables? Maybe business will pick up then.

As long as there is an option to purchase chips, instead of winning them, then the problem players will stay with us. Which, repeated, is very, very good for Zynga as the player who goes all-in on unsuited 9-3 pre-flop and loses 1.5 million to a high card, pair, will think the game is 'rigged' and will instantly tap in his CC no, again and again, until he beats the biased game. I hope that you are getting my point.