Thread: Folding pair of Aces in Zynga poker

Folding pair of Aces in Zynga poker

Hey friends, I folded the AA (pocket aces) for the first time when there was an easy flush for others. How many of u guys have folded pocket pair A's and how many times did u do that. I mean I lost my game because the raise by the opponent was more and I was not sure whether they are having heavy card than me or not. So how many of them have done the same thing like folding the two aces in the beginning. If yes then please post here with the experience of yours.

Re: Folding pair of Aces in Zynga poker

If you have AA against one person, then, in the worst possible case, you have 77% probability of winning, and in the best one you have 93%. Cards apart, having seen those probabilities I don't see any possible reason to fold AA preflop. There's one hand in which AA is only around 2% to beat preflop. Just a little bit of trivia to share with your friends and if they don't get it right away, mention that's it's also more than 95% to chop

I have a mixed reaction to AA as hole cards. 50% of me go and the other 50% goes, 'Oh shoot. As some users who I know have said that said it's the strongest pair on the board. I've won big and lost big with them, which is why I'm so ambivalent about being dealt AA. You really have to base your post-flop betting on what the community cards are and what strength they add to others hands. If you match nothing on the board then two pair and up will beat them. Which happens more times than you think. No pair in the community cards obviously.

When you get dealt AA you should know you have about 90% odds to win against a hand with an ace, about 80% against another pair, about 77% against suited connectors and about 85% in the other cases. You shouldn't even take into considerations other very rare case, just because they are so rare. That's obviously in heads up play, the more players in the hand the lower the chances of AA winning.

Lets say 4 people are in the hand
    • 10 J suited spades
    • QK off suit
    • and you A (diamonds) A (clubs)

the flop might come 789 rainbow. Depending on your position if you are first to act, the correct bet here is an informational bet about a pot sized bet, if you get called or even raised there are a lot of hands that beat AA here, so you probably try to check it down after that. You are drawing dead to the 10 J hand, and drawing live against the 88 hand and you beat the QK off suit. If you are last to act, and lets say QK speaks first and bets out, 88 next will probably raise and the 10 J will more than likely move all in, now you have a pretty easy laydown.

If the flop was to come say 2 (spades) 7 spades and 8 of hearts. Against 3 other players AA is still vulnerable to lose this hand especially if another spade comes on the turn or the river. I quite often see players fall in love with AA and defend all the way. Me personally if I hold AA in my hand I will try to reduce the hand down to 2 players. Heads up pre-flop you are over 90% favorite to win the hand.

I was in a real tournament on UltimateBet a couple of years ago. It was a $10 rebuy and had about 800 runners 40 places payed out. We had been playing for about 4 hours and there were 45 players left. I was dealt AA and I was behind the button. The UTG (under the gun) was short stacked with about 15,000 and moved all in. A couple of spots later a player with about 45,000 went all in over the top. then the next player with about 90,000 moved all in and the player to my right who had about 101,000 moved all in as well.

In the worst possible scenario, considering that the ranges of the players with 90,000 and 101,000 must be very strict, you had "only" 34% odds of being eliminated. You had more than 50% odds of seeing your stack becoming very big. But I understand that this case is really extreme, the tournament started with 800 players, 45 are left, 3 of them are at risk of elimination, and 40 get payed. So I completely understand if you don't want to accept a 34% odds of being eliminated at this point (I don't know the blinds level, was your stack deep enough to guarantee to place in the money after that fold? There are other short stacked players? Is it likely, knowing the blinds level, that you will later find yourself playing in a similar situation Still, if you were playing to win the tournament how is the structure of the prizes, I think the call was the correct thing to do.