Thread: How to prevent Zynga Poker from disconnection?

How to prevent Zynga Poker from disconnection?

After ranting frequently about things that Zynga has done that make the problem of the game suddenly stopping and forcing me to fold or kicking me out of the game worse, it's only fair for me to compliment Zynga on what looks like an excellent solution. The game stuck on me, and a message appeared in the dealer chat saying "Disconnection protection: this user is being treated as all in and cannot take any further action". So I don't automatically get folded, and I keep a chance to win with the money I already had in the pot.

Re: How to prevent Zynga Poker from disconnection?

The server is easily able to recognize if you are really having connection problems or just faking. Since it is only play money, and this site should be used only for entertainment, I like the idea. I wouldn't like it if there were real money involved: imagine you are setting a perfect bluff on the preflop or on the flop you have a plan on how to play a perfect bluff on the turn or the river but your opponent gets disconnected as soon as the turn is dealt, so you can't bluff him anymore. That would be really unfair.

People are intentionally going offline to avoid the betting risk and essentially getting a free ride on the turn and river card. This has to be corrected immediately. This is total crap. You go offline and your hand is folded period. No going offline at the flop to get a free ride on the pot. This is not Holdem Poker it is intentional BS. Sorry if you lose connection your hand is folded period this is a travesty to the game and people are already abusing this. This effectively removes all betting leverage from the game.

If you timeout yourself on purpose, the server will understand it (I verified) and your hand will be folded. I guess if you go offline then the server will treat you as you lost connection, so you'll be treated as all in. But going offline and coming back many times is really uncomfortable, so I don't think someone would do it consistently. I repeat, if it was for real money I'd agree that it would be really unfair since people might counter your perfect bluff by going offline, or chase draws for free. But this site is just for entertainment, no real gambling is involved, so I like the idea because it solves the frustration of people seeing his winner hand being folded when they have already bet a large amount of chips.

I tend to agree that your hand should be folded if you go offline for any reason during a hand. Intentionally disconnecting so that you do not have to call the flop, turn, and river bets could spoil the game. However, I would like to see a change where if you are permanently disconnected when you are in the money in a tournament, you receive the minimum reward for the remaining players. For example, if I have 6000 chips in a sit-and-go and the remaining two player have a few hundred each, I would receive third place chips if I were disconnected. That is better than losing my potential winnings plus my buy-in