Thread: Graphical Performance Tips for the Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Graphical Performance Tips for the Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

This is for people who would like to optimize their FPS while still receiving the most excellent they can out of their graphics cards. I'll post my selected settings.
    1. Texture Downscaling: This hardly have an effect on FPS for modern PCs and be supposed to only be enabled (set the value on the way to Low or High) if your PC hardly congregate the minimum/recommended specifications intended for the Witcher 2. Even at its maximum setting (meaning the lowest resolution used for the textures), the textures are effortlessly acceptable and not at all similar to the ugly low-resolution textures within Dragon Age 2.
    2. Texture Memory Size: Set this within harmony to how a lot memory your graphics card has. For example, I set the assessment to Large as my graphics card has 1 GB of memory.
    3. Shadow Quality: This setting reasonably has an effect on FPS even for superior graphics cards, and the definite dissimilarity within quality is negligible. I suggest you set the value to Low.
    4. Number of Shadowed Lights: If you couldn't inform from the wording, this setting establish the quantity of lights within this game that be able to cast shadows. You have to set this value to Low.

Re: Graphical Performance Tips for the Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

1. LOD Distance: This setting balance the level of detail (read: resolution) in favor of distant textures, and it change FPS regarding as much as Texture Downscaling. If you don't spotlight on distant visuals that a lot at any rate, setting the value under Normal possibly will save you a small number of FPS.
    2. Bloom: This setting very much change FPS and isn't too perceptible. I suggest you disable this setting.
    3. Light Shafts: This setting enables or disables the subsistence of "shafts" (read: beams) of light within this game and reasonably change FPS. If you discover such practicality not essential, feel free to disable this setting.
    4. Anti-Aliasing: This setting soft out the jagged edges of interconnect (character models, etc) and reasonably change FPS used for modern PCs and very much for PCs that hardly meet the minimum/recommended condition intended for the Witcher 2. Enable or disable it consequently.

1. Blur Effects: these settings seriously change FPS at what time it is essentially used (which is not frequently). Disable it.
    2. Depth of Field: These setting smudge visuals depending on the sight to give the exterior of depth this setting barely affects FPS for modern PCs and be supposed to be enabled/disabled depend on personal inclination.
    3. Vignette: This setting does not change FPS.
    4. Wet Surfaces Rain Effect: This setting reasonably changes FPS. If wet exterior aren't worth the drop during FPS to you, go ahead and disable it.
    5. SSAO: This setting is a lighting result that very much changes FPS. I suggest disabling it.
    6. Motion Blur: This setting reasonably change FPS and be able to also cause action sickness. I suggest disabling it.
    7. Cinematic Depth of Field: These settings seriously change FPS and are only utilize through cut scenes and dialog sequences. I suggest disabling it.
    8. Depth of Field - Cutscenes: This setting is the similar as Depth of Field however is applied simply at some stage in cut scenes whereas the prior setting is functional all over the place however cut scenes. Enable/disable it based upon personal predilection.

1. Dangling Objects Limit: This setting restrictions the animations of "dangling objects" for example Geralt's hair. And be able to change FPS depending on your processor. If you hardly gather the minimum/recommended condition, disable it. If you have a superior dual core processor or a decent quad core processor, suffer free to enable it.
    2. Ubersampling: This setting change FPS additional than some additional setting. Unless you include three good graphics cards and a good quad core processor, disable it.
    3. Vertical Sync: This setting eliminates screen-tearing and other visual issues and does not affect FPS additional than limiting it toward your monitor's refresh-rate. Enable it.
    4. Decals: This setting is able to change FPS depending on your processor. If you hardly gather the minimum/recommended specifications, disable it. If you include a superior dual core processor or a straight quad core processor, consider free to enable it.

I very much concur with your list, and I was thinking to post something similar. I think the setting you need the most attention in this list (besides ubersampling that people should not know so) is disabling SSAO. This is the murderer's # 1 fps in this title due to poor engine optimization. Great job though, requesting sticky. One last tip I can offer, after having tried absolutely every combination of driver, is that Nvidia users use the latest beta is 275 drivers not including installation the drivers 3d vision. That's appealing crucial to complete consistently outstanding images per second.

I've noticed with this game is that things just disable it makes any difference. At first I thought it was on to something by disabling SSAO and shadows. I was throwing 40 to 60 depending on the area. Sometimes, dipping to 35. I thought it was decent. Then I switched to Ultra defaults, except for Uber, and my pictures were identical. Then I started trying all options. I realized nothing really made the difference. Even setting a minimum LOD, all out of the shadows, SSAO frames, etc yourself. The simply ones that actually build a dissimilarity (for me) are downscaled texture, anti aliasing, ubersampling. And resolution. Otherwise the system seems to pull on the frames of the same at any value of the option.

SSAO is a lighting technique for create real-time ambient occlusion. The whole thing is done on the GPU, so a high-end GPU suggested. The occlusion technique ambient lighting generate sensible lighting on objects that are both in direct light even partially obscured - if you take your hand and watch the light from the side (so "natural" position), observe your thumb and index finger light straightforwardly, however the fingers are the shadow of your hand. This shadow, within games, it is AO.