Thread: How to make Portal 2 dedicated server

How to make Portal 2 dedicated server

Currently I play the portal 2 video game and now I want to make the dedicated server of this PC game. I install this game on the windows XP OS. I tried this but it goes to the failure. I try to find the number of command for making the dedicated server but I didn’t found it. I try to do open server browser in Portal 2 game but it do not work. If anyone having knowledge about it then please share your own thoughts. It helps me to make the portal 2 dedicated server. Any help will be appreciates.

Re: How to make Portal 2 dedicated server

There is to be the step by step process needs to do this task. First, Open ports on your router then later on you need to create server.cfg file in the root portal 2 directory, and type configurations on it. After that you need to build a server.bat file in the portal 2 root folders. Then just launch this file and fill the IP address information in the setting. This is to be the last step and then the dedicated server is to be making on the portal 2 game. This server is useful for the online use.

Normally the dedicated server creates the troubles in the initial conditions then you need to follow the specific process. This helps you to solve the trouble. First run all the batches of the dedicated server in the portal 2 root directory. I think you are the capable person to find that root directory. Then put the system.cfg file in the root directory. Then you will see that the initial condition trouble is to be removed from the system and the dedicated server works very well.

I also follow the same process but it can’t help me to make the dedicated server on the portal 2 game. I think I am goes failure for building the configurations of the server. Then I contact the support staff of the portal 2 game and they send me the mail. In that mail they attach some files. This file helps me to build my own configurations of the server. Then I just suggest you to use the facility of the support staff. The expert person helps you to solve the trouble.

I also was waiting for the solutions of this trouble. Last week I try to do this dedicated server in the portal 2 game but it can’t get successful. I don’t know the reason behind that but in that time I think that there is not possibility to make the dedicated server in portal video game. Then I read the article on the official web site of the portal. Using this link now I try to build this dedicated server. I think you also need to read that article. It helps to solve your problem.