Thread: Enclosed spaces in Brink

Enclosed spaces in Brink

So a lot of Brink is set outside, or at least in very large rooms with different tiers, levels, and entrances/exits. With SMART there will always be different ways to get in and out of a location, and that is one of the driving forces in Brink. But my question is about when you get into a small closed room. A lot of this happens on objectives where you and the enemy are both forced into rooms with either 1 or 2 ways in or out. Now, based on out assumptions and knowledge, what problems or strategies do you think we will see?

Re: Enclosed spaces in Brink

I thought of that to but that’s where u going to have to depend on your team to set up a perimeter. and most of those objective are hack of blowup where u don’t have to stand right next to it. Hard to say though because if you defending u want it to be hard to get to and easy to defend, but if your attacking u want it to open and easy to get in. They will make it even. Plus grenades are weaker in this game so maybe it won’t end up like COD with noob tubes are everything

I meant you being the attacker in this situation. How would you get past Launcher and mini spam, when there is only one way in or out? 2 heavies with one each with either a med to heal or a engy to buff damage. I guess this could be one capture strategy, the other being everybody spread out and capture one point each. That's a good point, about the grenades, it's the mini-gun spam mentioned above that I think would be the biggest setback. Either way, playing intelligently will probably be the biggest defining factor.

If you got enemies trapped in a small room I see no need to rush them, just lock them in there while you send people to finish secondary objective. Besides, standing in a small/medium room is never a good idea when the enemy outside has grenades/molotovs/grenade launchers, It’s a Position you cannot possibly defend over any decent amount of time and then there of course the crazy solution, send in Kamikaze operatives. The Skill is there for a reason to achieve some of the accomplishments.

I don't see a problem in this each side will take both roles in said tiny rooms. Defenders are defending and attackers need to clear the room. If the attackers clear the room and are working on the objective now the defenders need to take it back, switching positions. All tactics and problems go both ways, so just by that its kind of balanced IMO. The first rule of forging in Halo was to ensure that you had 3 entrances to any area on the map. And that was without parkour. If there is a chokepoint because of lack of entrances, then that map is bad in my eyes. I generally hate holdout style maps.

There must be a ton of ways of getting them out, some clever ways using abilities and others that are just using movement and weapons. Is the room the heavies are in opaque or can they see what will be coming through the doors? If they cant, then you can just sprint and slide through the door whilst firing, chances are both heavies will target the first guy through the door, so as long as he gets a little way into the room and the blast radius/firing area is focused away from the door then anyone who follows the first guy in will be untargeted.

Certainly, a combination of the two would be a hell of a lot more useful than just either one by itself, always have to consider the skill/experience of the heavies though. The only downside to any theoretic tactic though is the fact that they usually require a high level of teamwork that a lot of people are not going to have access. Cheers for the turtle, been so long since I was playing tournaments I've missed talking tactics and scenarios cant wait to get hold of this game.