Thread: Brink: 16 players in a map are enough?

Brink: 16 players in a map are enough?

I have recently installed this game on my system and the thing here is that when I saw many of them are playing the same map with number of players in it, now the only question which is eating my head is nothing but can I play 16 players in any particular map. I mean 16 players versus 16 players is it possible. Please inform. I am waiting for a positive rely from you people so please help me out of this confusion as soon as possible.

Re: Brink: 16 players in a map are enough?

Because of how objective based gameplay tends to work out, even in wide open fields, most players should be piling on top of each other around a single point at any given time. The exception being lone wolf snipers which fortunately, won't be too much of a problem in Brink between no OHKs and health regen. If a sniper does take you out, you practically let them, or they're actually doing it right and picking off the wounded, one of the two.

Well if you will ask me then more people require larger maps.. Larger maps and more people cause more lag.I wouldn't play anything over 8v8. I'm personally hoping that there is a 6v6 or even something awkward like a 5v5 or 7v7. 8v8 is perfect i wouldn't mind slightly bigger maps depending on where the spawn points are and how the missions can fluctuate. I hope that you are getting my point here.

According to me 16 is just fine, after bumming mw2 for so long it seems like an almost perfect team size, 20 would be cool but should be no larger than that, having experience of 64 man crash 24/7 servers which i hate coz it's boring) it just gets stupid and you can’t move out of spawn or even have fun, just turns into a kill farm with no real skill involved other than camping your off. I don’t think that you will face any issues if your server is powerful enough to take the load.

Although I do see brink maps having the width of a cod map, but being much longer like a combat mission map. So you'll find most people running around 1/4 of the map instead of all over the place, this being forced by having to play the objective. As a PC gamer I have always been a fan of how the cod maps are made but not a fan of the people that play it, I am ashamed to say i was one of them, most are elitist you'll see a lot of comparison between cod and brink because of the cod players like me who are sick of the game and sick of the players. so hopefully we'll bring a positive competitive element and everyone else brings the creativity and sense of community.

This is my thinking as well. If you have more people playing you either need multiple objectives or some other means of spreading people out. It's certainly doable, I remember some awesome games of Star siege: Tribes with large numbers of people, but it requires some heavy alterations to the gameplay.I think 8v8 is a very solid number. If Brink does well adding a new larger play mode, either as DLC or a consideration in a future title, might make a lot of sense. However I'm happy with 8v8 at the moment.