Thread: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings performance has degraded over time

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings performance has degraded over time

During the first two days I had it ran very smooth in the middle and a playable frame rate on high. Now the game seems to ruin a very slow frame rate in half and I keep getting loading screens that appear at the top. My computer is brand new and has not overclocked anything, so I do not think this is a hardware problem. Other games such as Second Life and Fallout: New Vegas run very well without any performance issues. Does anyone else have this problem?

Re: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings performance has degraded over time

I realized after starting a new game my performance was much better than my first play through, for some reason. But they are supposed to release a patch next week with fixes for performance, including a memory fix leak. I do not doubt, always gets worse for me after a couple of hours, but restart fixes it. Things to do before you start playing or later after starting? I think it happens because of poor memory. Please check your memory status at what time you are playing game. Thanks.

I think it might be the problem of memory loss. All I know is that every time you restart the program, performance is degraded. Sometimes it takes a few minutes to arrive, but I had this problem the first two times I ran the game and it gets worse in the forest. Be sure to run the game off a fresh reboot. If I found other games or programs before The Witcher 2, then it does tend to some performance issues particularly around loading areas.

It could be overheating. Clean the dust from your case and ensure that vents are unobstructed. What I do is erase most of the old guard and the game will run faster again. Just go to my document and find the folder and Witcher 2 gamesave. Always solve my problem of gaming performance. And in my opinion is not a memory leak. I leave the game all day, and then spend tons of alt-tabbed with other games or programs running. There is no problem for me.

I have not had any memory loss since I only play the game. I Usually a alt + tab out of the game to perform other things and after that come back to it, even hours later. Two days before in night I left while I was downloading (I forgot I had the game in the taskbar) and the next morning I continued playing without any problem. Sounds like an overheating problem myself. Please suggest me an appropriate solution. Guys I am out of ideas now. I'm waiting for your replies. Thanks.

Hello I am playing this game from last 1 week without any trouble. I don’t know what problem you are exactly facing. Have not encountered this problem, however, the new game, but the statement said in common was a big factor in the original Witcher game. Move all normal save game folder, except for the last few years, and performance is greatly increased. Try deleting or archiving save games. Maintain a minimum they will improve performance greatly. Hope this helps you to thank.

I think there may be a memory leak? If I restart my game at that moment I get 30 to 40 fps constantly. But last night he played in about 5 hours straight and the game began to deteriorate to 15 to 25 FPS. When you save and restart it was back to normal. And even I am facing overheating problem personally, my stays 560ti to 50-60C, and 965 I never go above 45-46C. So please check your memory status when running the game.