Thread: Wall Jumping in Brink

Wall Jumping in Brink

To truly see the smart system shine at its brightest, wall jumping is a requirement. Without it, the smart system definitely seems shallow and lacking (not to mention making the Lights look not worth it), but the whole problem is wall jumping on a 360 controller is impossible. To productively wall jump you have to be able to tap the "jump" button and look from the wall you are jumping off of, and look to the wall you are jumping on to. Anyone have any more idea on this?

Re: Wall Jumping in Brink

With "right stick" being look, and "A" button being jump, I found it utterly impossible to perform a few of the jumps I've been seeing on YouTube. After some experimenting and practice, the best solution I've found is to remap the "jump" to "Left Bumper." This lets you to sprint, look, jump, slide, and shoot! Simultaneously while not at all having to take your thumbs off the steering sticks. In the end, as a Light Op, this has made me love being a Light Op so much more, performing these crazy wall hops and jumps, about and escaping fire, flanking, etc. And it most undeniably brings out the best in the Light Body Type, and has opened up new routes and made traversing the maps much faster and more fun! Hope this helps!

You sprint at the wall you want to jump off of, but you don't run like straight at it at an angle, jump to the wall, and while you bump into it, tap jump again, and you will wall jump; whatever way you wish to jump off the wall, you have to look that way. If you want to jump off a wall onto another wall, or ledge, you have to look at it and tap jump. If your timing is good, you can chain jump from wall to wall to wall, it's really sick. Almost like running on walls really, and can make traversing maps incredibly fast and fun.

That's how I had my controller set up for BOps, as it is. I am just utilized to it, that's my point. I think you are confusing SMART and auto smart. Smart, in and of itself, gives the player the ability to carry out all of these moves within the game environment. You can carry out these moves either manually, or not. By clicking and holding LS, you are in auto SMART mode, where your avatar will automatically perform the moves without you having to click jump or slide. If you click and release LS, then you sprint, but if you want to vault a wall or jump over a box, or slide, all while sprinting, and you would have to manually tap jump or slide.

Really you have been a light for long? because you don't need to look at the wall to wall jump you sprint strafe into the wall, like while you’re running move your left thumb stick toward the wall, press "A" and bam wall jump. The way you put it makes it truly hard and that means you have to learn the controls again. I can see it if use the "Duty Calls" layout because it can get quiet cumbersome with the left thumb stick for sprint, but truly all you have to do is strafe sprint into the wall jump, then BAM!

I guess everybody does it different; this just seemed most natural to me, personally. But when you start talking chain wall jumps and hitting ledges to climb, I think this works most effectively. I think this post helped clear some things up at any rate. If you want to wall jump into a specific mantle, you need to have full control of where you're looking. The wall jump might work fine, but if you can't turn the camera as you jump your guy isn't going to be looking at the ledge he needs to be grabbing.

Why do you wish to turn your camera while you necessitate to jump over something it just make your character just fall back down and plus if it doesn't complete the jump I have the smart button as my safety net. I do all my moves manually it helps so much and it’s faster. So I actually don't necessitate the SMART button just only on occasions, I discover it simpler for me to do it manually, but to all his own, I suppose.

Just so you guys know, on the PS3, with similar base controls, you still don't need to remap the controls like you're suggesting so you can control your wall jumps effectively - if you know where you're aiming, you can just push the left stick in the appropriate direction- while you hit jump, you'll automatically go in the direction your stick is telling the game to move. Much easier, in my opinion- but as I said, I'm on PS3. Someone on Xbox want to test if it works there too? As well, you don't have to be facing the wall directly to sprint and jump into it - you can sprint diagonally, jump facing half-way towards where you're trying to get already, then wall jump while facing the direction you want to jump in.