Thread: Sony hack

Sony hack

I had been searching for answer since a long time though. Not a lot of discussions on the World Wide Web are about what might be the largest computer hack ever; there is a theft of your personal data being stolen from millions of people out there in the world and the forced shutdown of online network of Playstation for days and days. Can anyone tell me that, how much damage does this do to Sony's reputation with gamers? Any?

Re: Sony hack

I have searched the internet for this issue that we all are getting about the hackers. It is very annoying, that, the hackers are bad. Sony has to be really careful regarding that what they put back out there making sure that is not exposed, and they also need or want to give the security people time to do some analysis regarding this kind of serious issue. MS have done the smart thing, just in case, and upped security, and issued a phishing alert with some Modern Warfare connection... Easier to do I guess from a non-attacked position, but still prudent.

If I did own a PS3, I would not mind being the network down for a week or two, Hackers happen to do so and they did everything they could do to make the hacking community angry. What would bother me is the personal information being stolen and not even warning their community. That would infuriate me. I am considering getting a NGP. This won't affect my decision, but the fact that I would need to resort to always buying PSN cards to buy downloads is irritating.

Since I'd made the PS3 the media hub of my living room, it is really more than a little bad for me. Especially, I play BD movies on it. So I'm pretty sure at the end I’m covered. I feel very bad for those with Visa cards or debit MC attached to their accounts though; they could really be cheated by it. A few months have gone and the CC numbers are static and bought in Africa and Eastern Europe, At the customer end the Actual fraud probably can't be seen.

I feel glad by that I don’t put my personal secure information like baking information and credit card Information over the Playstation 3 Console networks like Xbox Live and PSN! AS I never had that much interest in online gaming, I am not at all affected by this, mainly on consoles or anything online. Incidents like these cause me to stay away from supplying any of my personal bank details or credit card details on those networks. I suggest you to play safe when online.