Thread: Combat animation in The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Combat animation in The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Just giving my opinion, I'm sure a lot of hate fanboys do not like fast, combat is very bad, the animations are long delays when you swing your sword and your character will stay there as an animation plays, and cannot move, and there's a delay when you press stop while really stop, so stopping it completely useless, so, basically, game previews, you saw the guy shooting all the time because that's the only way to work counterattacks, are derived from the way the material responds instantly without delay. I'm just judging the game for the fight against the initial prologue, "the assault." What’s your opinion on this.

Re: Combat animation in The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

I like it appears that you do not like any aspect of the game, and yet you just talk about the controls that I doubt is as bad as you imagine. I come here hoping someone or crawl or analyze the game, but I have someone who is half-ass and not even then. And developers who can do good melee secure real-time as heck does not reside in Poland. Look at Japan, where games like Street Fighter, DMC, Ninja Gaiden, BlazBlue, Tekken, demons and souls, etc are made.

I honestly think that fighting is worse than witch 1, but that's my opinion is closer to the action, but action is simply not good I'm sure some people play for 30 hours and say that only aspires to it, etc. and it is so easy, but really is not that its difficult, it's just frustrating fight mechanics, I mean I could if I wanted, just roll all the time constantly out of the attacks, and attack again, but I play as its meant to be played. You see what I mean soon.

No need to jump on his criticism before playing for ourselves. The Witcher one had problems with lag controls too (and my team ran the most, so it's not that.) I reserve my opinion, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I remember people complaining about the slow animations Santos Demon's because they were trying to play like God of War. People protest regarding the Monster Hunter series for the similar exact reasons, and the games are huge. There are some aspects that cannot be compared with another game you are most familiar. Critics of the fight based on their own comfort level are like trying to compare driving a car to riding a bicycle. There are only parts of a game that "you just have to get used to."

Anybody expecting "decent" actual time battle within a RPG and from a polish developer none the less was living within gaga land. What the OP is saying does not surprise me a bit. Yes, of course CDProjekt themselves can hype all they want, but judging by the Witcher 1 combat system and knowing the general condition of the systems in real-time combat, I knew they were talking CDProkjekt their asses to delight in its combat engine. The simple fact is that not many developers out there that can do good melee in real time. That's why a game like Mount and Blade became so popular that even looks like shit? The fact that you really have to combat the "half" right.

The RPG elements are completely there, oh also another thing about the match, he feels. RPG roll of the dice fighting almost, if you swing and hit two people who really just a blow to the person being addressed, and as ignoring the other person. is like something right corner of the screen that shows all the damage rolls and stuff, the load is good and smooth, and charges very quickly, so the new areas that I'm running high detail, high resolution, and It takes less than 10 seconds to load.