Thread: What is the campaign length of Brink?

What is the campaign length of Brink?

I know it's been released each objective is about 5 minutes long with 3-5 don’t know if that's the exact number I'm just freefalling hero objectives per map and what is it? Is it 8 maps? Anyway I wanted to ask some opinions or thoughts on this like, do you plan to play both? Do you think you'll be able to breeze through the campaign once you’re good enough? If so, do you think it'll get as bland and boring as the campaigns did on the Left 4 Dead series after beating them a couple times?

Re: What is the campaign length of Brink?

That's mostly what I'm worried about. I remember when Left 4 Dead came out it was awesome having the director and the four different campaigns and what have you, but after a couple months, if that, it got really boring and repetitive. I hope that doesn't happen with Brink, and I don't think it will with the single player and the multiple different ways to approach one level; the three body types PLUS the different possibilities within those body types. I.E. you could go at a building as a light, medium OR heavy, but as a light you could probably find at least three different ways to get to the top of said building. As opposed to L4D's linear ass, take path a, path B, or sometimes path C, but it'll always lead you to the same spot.

I guess that really comes down to the individual. Every game is going to take the same path, just like in Left 4 Dead; you do objective A, then objective B while possibly doing side objective C, etc. Just like in Left 4 Dead, the differences come in the details. Personally, I've logged a couple hundred hours into Left 4 Dead, as I enjoy the co-cooperativeness of it and how there are differences, however small that difference is.

You are forgetting 2 missions per map. So there are a total of 16 playable missions across 8 maps, and you can play both sides. I think the main sticking power of the game is in changing up your class, going online, playing with and against other humans. The variety or lack thereof in missions isn't what it's about but I think there will be enough mission variety to go around. And Brink will be like L4D's linear ass, take path A, path B, or sometimes path C, but it'll always lead you to the same spot. You have to go to the objective, and all paths will lead there. People on defense in Brink will learn where the most traveled paths are, and where the best place to put a turret is, lay down a mine, or otherwise prepare for an assault. Just like in Left 4 Dead though, its up to you to prepare and expect these often used tactics and find a way to counter it.

Ok granted yes you do head to the same end point but when I mean path A, B or C, I'm talking how Left 4 Dead had all it's paths decided by what alleyways you could go down or what hallways you could access. Otherwise everything was blocked by a fence or something like a cliff or some other nonsense. I myself logged PLENTY of time on L4D and L4D2 but it just lost it's spark after a while you know? When I first got it if I was playing OB and someone invited me to a game of L4D I'd save my game and be on that but after a little while it was like I'd start a campaign with friends and about halfway through the second part I'd get bored and play something else or go to sleep or something.

Brink has its paths determined by alleyways and pathways too. Sure, the SMART system allows people to attack vertically as well as horizontally, but there are still general paths that are followed. You are fighting in urban environments, with some areas closed off and other obstacles; they aren't massive maps. Again, if ETQW and replaying campaigns in Left 4 Dead bored you, I'm not sure you'd find replay ability in Brink. If you could name some multiplayer games that didn't bore you, that might help us solve your problem; right now, it doesn't look like you'd get much playtime out of Brink and you should rent it instead of buy it.

Games that track my progress and give me why own micro challenges to look forward to while I am playing the same maps over and over. And aren’t you playing the campaign no matter what you are doing so I think everyone will end up playing it through multiple times. Nice got done reading the new interview u posted, that’s really sweet Ii was bummed thinking that all there was-was Campain like levels.

That's all there is, are campaign like levels. Sure, there are a couple challenges - four to be exact - and they shouldn't take long. Stopwatch mode is the same as regular levels, only instead of playing a level once, you play it twice back-to-back. Once as Security and once as Resistance; once on offense and once on defense. There is no death match or search and destroy, the only multiplayer thing to do are campaign levels.