Thread: Is there any indication who's winning the war in Brink?

Is there any indication who's winning the war in Brink?

I am not 100 percent sure about all the information on this game that it has but will there be some kind of persistent feature where we can see online or in the game who's winning the war, the resistance or the security - sort of like planet sides map? Also is there some kind of third faction because I could of swore BRINK had a trailer of some guy finding an Alien artifact perhaps it's a different game. So please let me know what is the best way to get it known.

Re: Is there any indication who's winning the war in Brink?

There is no feature like that like in Chrome hounds or other games. It was a dirty bomb they found not an alien artifact, or it could be a vaccine, or a rusty pistol and some leaflets. Resistance and Security have campaigns then free mode. They aren't fighting some overarching war online for the Ark, however now that I think about it would have been cool. I guess it is somewhat similar to this one.

Yeah, I was thinking about how cool it would be to add some sort of territorial grab of certain sections or maps that we will most likely play a million times to which it would give a temporary tactical advantage, I guess that is something for BRINK 2 maybe what is trying to say is will they keep track of every game and who wins, and kind of put it into a bigger picture and based off what faction wins more games they move closer to getting off the ark or killing all of the terrorists.

It was tracked in MAG. Never really did anything though all it did was reinforce people's arguments that various faction's maps were overpowered. Since you couldn't switch from one faction to the other until you hit max rank, it was the same group of people playing all 3 modes but certain factions with good defensive maps would dominate some modes with others with terrible defensive maps would get crushed. Sver had the best domination map while raven had the worst, but raven had the best acquisition map, and valor had the best sabotage map. The game got WAY more balanced once the faction maps rotated.

Honestly I don't think this game needs it since we can switch back and forth, and most people will. When sver's win % went way up in MAG, over 20% of the entire non-sever population went to their side which meant horrendous wait times on their side at certain times during the day. i figured that's what he meant, though I'm assuming it won't be set up like that as you can play the maps in whatever order you'd like. This makes it extremely difficult to show the faction control of the map.

As I have said numerous times before, The Resistance and The Security are like TF141/Navy Seals and from Call of Duty. Unlike in CoD, you can play a campaign for both sides, but depending on the campaign your faction will win. Giving people the idea of fighting for one faction winning a contest could lead to serious balancing issues when 90% of the people in one game want to be Resistance and leave if they cannot be.

The fact that you can choose both sides for every character kind of makes it a bit redundant. You'd probably get a lot of people switching over to the winning side, making balanced games hard to find, the only way they could do it would be to force you to choose a faction that you couldn't change when creating a character. It would be great if there was a tracker somewhere that monitored which faction had won the most battles on each console, but as it's been said, the numbers would be skewed by people team-swapping.