Thread: After major fixes Brink needs a HD Texture Pack

After major fixes Brink needs a HD Texture Pack

The textures of this game is not worthy of PC, not even worthy of the console. (You could put some in Half Life 1 and never see a difference between the original and textures Brink). Some other textures are good on the other side. We are living in 2011 and the time of the fuzzy, washed textures must be done. 4 IDTech engine can definitely do better than that. Do not get me wrong, I do not make this a game Crysis, but the texture definitely needs a little love, on PC and consoles as well.

Re: After major fixes Brink needs a HD Texture Pack

I looked at some screenshots of edge and soft shadows were not welcome everywhere, but now in the game are not there. Try thrteadedrenderer choice for multi-core, IIRC, default is unique affinity. Go to a random object at the edge of the abyss and see the textures at times. You see, not really strong. Textures are the strange behavior of the generation slowly in front of you, at least on consoles. (PS3) gametrailer that review was right when he focused on the problem of texture.

On PC, when I had my settings to the maximum that is pre-generated, when I changed my settings to LOW and the object slowly out of a box in a clear blurred. I think they should improve loading speed of the texture. It is quite slow now. I'm playing on PS3 and textures are as follows for the camera with a 1sec delay. I have not really seen anything like this before in PS3. It's like they have the PC version ported bass and Perez more directly. Nah cannot be.

It is obvious that there are 5 minutes thinking texture itself as [expletive] you see, but making textures usually a little sharper overall game would be a little better and more 2011'ish then 2006'ish at some points. I know you're trolling! But that's not the point. Game looks good, not super powerful, but OK. So there is no need for this and for some totally unrealistic. Nobody thinks that a game looks like before rendered graphics as nextgn!

I agree the game looks good that I think has a nice atmosphere (although I think it's lacking some shadows here and there but not sure, but some textures are really ugly. But maybe they will work on that a little better for them or not. There are definitely many other problems that need to be resolved in the first place as Lag, fps problems, network code and everything. I'm not a graphic [expletive], the game always above graphic, but still IDTech 4 has a little more to offer than I think.

However I acknowledge, this game looks nowhere near as superior as it has demonstrated. However I do not be concerned to a great extent. I'm still learning levels and I obtain lost and mystified at times. However I like the game. They have to perform on it. I have simply distinguish this on and possibly GoW2 beta version, however only spent a while and at the same time as loading the map. I hope now you are clear with it.

It’s really anguish; I wish my textures looked not half that good on the Xbox. Consider yourself lucky. But I do agree with you. Improved textures would be nice. But I just want mine to load before you arrive and see it go from bubble to blur final order. That's pretty pathetic imo. I think now you are getting what I am trying to say. But I love this game. It’s really nice game. And I love it so much. What you think about it. Thank you.