Thread: How to remove the red outline in Brink?

How to remove the red outline in Brink?

I don't know if this is class ability or what but the red round around enemies needs to be removed. What fun is it if enemies light up like Christmas trees? And the game needs a massive patch over and a party up feature for lives and that too so often that I won’t make out where to shoot. Now I just need to know which is the appropriate manner to remove the same. So what I can do here to have appropriate control on it.

Re: How to remove the red outline in Brink?

There is a light red outline to make it clear who is the enemy and who isnt. This is also a meant to be a way to prevent camping as the enemy is very distinct from their surrounds. And if you are talking about the solid red outlines that can be seen through walls and such, I believe that is an ability that marks a target for a short period of time. I hope that you are getting me here and also will be able to solve your issue.

I think they wanted this game to be very straight forward with lots of movement and action, no ninjas sneaking through trees and knifing people in the back. I just don't think it's that type of game, seems meant as more of a gunslinger, fastest on the draw wins. I don't mind so much, do get tired of upgraded stealth and sensor jammers all about stabbing me in the ankle from under a porch or something.

The red outline only appears if you have an Operative who has both the purchased ability and has tagged opponents via iron sites. It lasts for a few seconds but is designed to help call-out enemies -- especially ones trying to hide. I love this ability and have had quite a few Operatives ave my bacon with it. I'm also a fan of the universal ability that calls out when an enemy is aiming at me as a Medic, it's a warning bell that I'm in the wrong place and need to get out of there quickly.

I think the outline is the right way to handle it. One of my biggest peeves in BC2 was that enemy and friendly soldiers were indistinct. When I was close to a player and had to react quickly, I usually couldn't see the nametag up top, and there was nothing about the character models visually that seemed to indicate friend or foe. Plus, there were times in that game when I'd get damaged, and the damage indicator would say it was coming from in front, but I seriously had no idea where my assailant was. I like a game where, when an enemy is in line of sight, you can see him. It's still plenty possible to be sneaky, it's just that being sneaky entails not going where enemies are looking.

For clarity, I don't think we're talking about the red outline ability the operative has, but rather the red hue that is shown on enemies. Play against security, which quite often has a blue theme, and you'll clearly see a red glow or hue on their models to make it clear to see that they are enemies. Personally, it doesn't bother me that much but it does undo the whole point of customization a bit.