Thread: Good deeds in Brink ?

Good deeds in Brink ?

As my anticipation grows for this game I find myself browsing these forums quite a bit lately. I post here and there but mainly just like to find out new facts and opinions of the game while waiting for release day. In doing so I have noticed something that I think is a sign of good things to come for fans of Brink. On every other forum I have been on there are countless posts where people are doing nothing more than starting flame wars, ripping the game and other forum members, or just instigating trouble. Not on here. Even when people have doubts or questions on the games ability to deliver on the developers promises, they tend to state their concerns in a constructive way.

Re: Good deeds in Brink ?

Maybe this is due to team based gameplay appealing to a more mature audience, maybe it's because the game isn't out yet so the fans on here are more excited for the game. I am not sure what it is but the community for this game seems to be much more friendly than most other games I have been involved in the forums for. Even the veteran members who know more about the game already than I likely will 2 weeks after launch, tend to be helpful when people ask about the game, rather than just flame someone for not being as knowledgeable.

I have noticed it too - Besides the occasional lost idiot, this forum has been very mature about discussions of all kinds. It's also been pointed out - in every interview or player beta test, there is never a bad word about Brink. It's like mature, negative thoughts toward Brink just don't exist. I personally feel that this game will have a very strong community when it releases, and am looking forward to gaming with all of you who play on PS3.

Yes the Brink community Is quite mature even the younger audience. If someone steps out of line with the insults or the raging, the other members will tell them about themselves, and if not we have Moderators that actually care about keeping their forums appealing to everyone, and actually prevent people from flamethrower each other. I really doubt that it's our anticipation for Brink because you may not know it but it's slowly driving us insane.

I completely agree. I've been a part of a lot of game forums, and this is by far the most friendly, and welcoming one I have ever been to. Sure there is the occasional person that gets upset, and starts to flame, but the moderators are always quick to quell any "drama" if you want to call it that) before it can really start. This is also one of the few sites I have been to where the mods actually allow some foolery, most other sites mods, imo, are too serious about what they do.