Thread: Messed up with controls in Brink

Messed up with controls in Brink

I am a big fond of video gaming. I have played all kinds of video games on the computer of mine. Well I have recently purchased and installed Brink on the computer of mine. after playing the game for a couple of minutes I have recognized that this particular game is having great graphical look and feel. However I have noticed that I was unable to set the letters and the numbers for the controls according to requirement of mine. So I am really frustrated with this particular issue. Let me know if you are having the same problem like me and solution to resolve the issue. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Messed up with controls in Brink

You have not provided anything regarding the computer configuration. Can you tell me which operating system do you have installed on the computer? can you tell which keyboard do you using currently? Do you have updated all the necessary drivers on the computer or not? So answer the above mentioned question as early as possible so that I can let you know about the further steps for troubleshooting.

I was also having the same problem which you have mentioned over here. well I have found temporary fix to solve the matter. Well I use to press Left Control key while playing the game on the computer of mine. if I don’t do this then all the letters on the keyboards are seems to be registered as 0 to 9. So you can try the same and see whether it is helping you out or not. However if you are having any other suggestion feel free to post over here.

I am not sure but you might need to do clean boot your system and see whether it is helpful to you. Well it would help you out to find out the program which might be causing conflict on the computer. once you have found the program which is causing conflict you should remove or update so that you can resolve the matter. Once you have completed with the process you can return to the normal startup.

I am highly suspecting that there could be an issue with the keyboard which you are using. You should get keyboard from the any other friend of yours and install the same on the computer and see whether you are facing the same issue. Also you can test your keyboard by using on any other application apart from this particular game. I am hoping that the thing which I have mentioned over here would be useful to you.

Let me know whether you have updated the drivers regarding the keyboard which you are using? Well I am suggesting that you should visits the official website and get the latest drivers. You should download and install the same on the computer of yours. once you have installed the drivers you should reboot the computer of yours. so try the same and let me know about the results. So that I can let you know about the further thing to troubleshoot the problem.

Do you have tried with reinstalling the game on the computer? you should reinstall the game on the computer and see whether the issue is persisting or not. If there is no change in the situation then I am sure that the problem which you have mentioned over here is happening due to bug issue and it should be fixed by the developer of the game. so you should file a bug report to the developer and wait till the patch has been released by the developer after fixing the bug.