Thread: Stretched screen POV into Brink

Stretched screen POV into Brink

I have install Brink game on the computer. I am having an issue with the Video POV. When I login into the game I have noticed that the video on the game is seems to be messed up. All the thing on the screen is seems to be stretched and distorted. I have searched on the Google but there was no specific solution to fix the matter of mine. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Stretched screen POV into Brink

Looking at the situation I think I have concluded something which you can consider to fix the problem of yours. Well you need to see that you are playing the game with the correct aspect ratio of the monitor? Also I am suspecting that you have mess with the custom aspect ratio of the monitor? So you should look into the monitor of your and see whether I am correct with the point which I have mentioned in this particular post.

Finally I have managed to fix the problem of mine. you can use the following solution and see whether it is working or not. Well after little bit research work I have found that the FOV was altered due to some reason. You need to enable the console and simply enter ‘ui_fov 90’ without entering the quote. In order to launch the Console you need open Steam and choose Brink. You have to right click on the same and go for properties and click on the Set Launch Option and finally enter the following thing without quotes ‘+com_allowconsole 1’. I am hoping that it would be helpful to you.

I think there is an issue with the config file of this particular game. I recommend that you should move to the following directory ‘\Steam\steamapps\common\brink\base\video’ and you should search for the asset folder and disable the same and rename the same and see whether it is working or not. Also you might need to reset the graphic part of the game through the config file. However it might be risky to do so you should backup the config file before you do anything and see whether it is working.

Let me know whether you have updated the graphic card drivers on the computer of yours. Well I recommend that you should visit the official website of the graphic card manufacturer and look for the latest version of the graphic card drivers. You should download and install the same on the computer of yours. after installing the graphic card driver you should see that you reboot the computer of yours and see whether the issue is persisting or not.

It is already mentioned by the user that there is something wrong with the config file of the game. So I recommend that you should delete it and see whether it is working or not. Deleting the config file restore all the settings to the default. If it is not working then you should uninstall the game from the computer of yours and simply reinstall the same on the computer of yours. So you should try the same and let me know about the result. I am hoping that it would be useful to solve the matter of yours.