Thread: CRC error while installing the Witcher 2 - Assassins of Kings

CRC error while installing the Witcher 2 - Assassins of Kings

Have the following problem: the installation of TW2 is running smoothly until the file pack0.dzip. CRC Error The file is corrupted or does not exist." I then have an opportunity to ignore the message, but I do not think that would be advisable. On closer inspection, one can see small scratches on the CD, so far as it could be due to the CD right? If it's up to my system, what exactly do I do? By the way I already tried installing another drive, has brought nothing.

Re: CRC error while installing the Witcher 2 - Assassins of Kings

Copy and paste the complete DVD (or just the file is corrupt) times to the hard disk. The error with CRC, I had not, but some DVD drives do not like it easy when accessing, for example, on the Explorer or other tools like Total Commander on the DVD tries to start during the startup program. It is possible, but then starts the drive at some point and rattle back and forth quite stupid as if it wants from one side to the other side (read head). This is followed at some point the error message.

In my case we finally made it actually. I've cleaned my drive again and turned off firewall and Antivirus completely during the installation. Now I'm finally on it, but did direct the next problem.When I start the game, I am asked for the activation circuit, and when I entered the stands as the searches for updates, but after a few seconds, the window just gone and nothing else happens. Have been seeing the same problems in another thread mentioned above, there are already some very unfavorable for this solution?

I am also a row in the queue of people who have the CRC problem. Have also been various "solutions" tried. So far, no success. But now when I read that after the installation is equal to the next problem, then I think about me with even installing. What I've found out is that it cannot lie on the drive. Have a second gestate (on my Mac) the files over then dug and installed from NEM folder. It was the same error. I have the firewalls turned off and run as admin. And then got rid of the problem I hope that you will also be doing the same thing.

Do not you have to test the possibility of a different drive? Maybe There Were a batch with faulty DVD's and you have had the misfortune to purchase a like this. If I have frequently come to my attention that there have been lots of games in production that were erroneous or were incorrectly shipped no CD-Key, etc. I hope that this will help you to solve the issue and also no problems in the future.

I fixed it. Was having the same issue, continuous messege of "cannot read cyclic redundancy check" on file "pack0.dzip" I installed a new internal disc drive to see if the issue would be resolved and it loaded just fine. My guess is some kind of incompatable software read, i've got a basic disc drive, and I replaced it with another basic drive of a different brand. Hope that helps, good luck.