Thread: Changing taste of gaming in coming years

Changing taste of gaming in coming years

Bowling Championship was a great game and my dad approximating to play in the company of me too. Around 7 or 8 I started to obtain into RPGs, and played a lot of Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior resting on my NES. But it was in the middle of playing Final Fantasy 6, my love for the genre suddenly disappeared. I was not into it more and really have not enjoyed an RPG since (MMORPG does not count). The last one tried to enter the Xbox KOTOR was, but could not hold my interest. I started to play additional sports games. I played a lot of NBA Live and games such as wrestling WWF No Mercy.

Re: Changing taste of gaming in coming years

Often criticized the MMO genre and found it very boring, like WoW. But for some reason, I decided to turn and enter the game my girlfriend and see if we approximating playing together as a co-op game. Well, we both liked. I approximating playing MMO for myself, but I put within a room through another real person and play together - then it becomes really fun. So now I spend 05.10 hours per week playing WoW. Been doing this for the past 1.5 years, and although I sometimes take short breaks, has kept my attention and I like it. For me it's worth the $ 13/month, though of course I'd rather not have a subscription fee.

I closed playing shooters for a though. Regardless of my love for Halo, I'm not in Halo Reach and I'm not a huge fan of Call of Duty either. I'm tired of the genre, just so tired of RPGs. To my surprise in the last year I have again a solitary player exploration games, like Assassin's Creed, Ghostbusters, GTA IV and Batman on the Xbox 360. I'm gradually making my way through the small collection I've purchased and have not played / finished. And although I still love wrestling games, I find myself to play a lot. None of them really captured the magic and delicacy of No Mercy.

My love for games has never really changed. I still like platform games. One of my friends introduced me to Final Fantasy on the NES and I fell in love with RPGs (one gender more to add to my list you like). Then my father introduced me to Wolfenstein 3D the first time he played a first person shooter then I ran into Doom and wow it was amazing. Another friend introduced me to WarCraft (the original) and I fell in love strategy games in real time. Yet I cannot think of a genre of games I do not like regarding my taste in games go, I cannot say that has changed more or less reinforced.

First started in the company of the venerable 2600, moved to NES and the Apple II, it turns out to be the Genesis and SNES console and agnostic. Took a break from the game on behalf of a long time except for several Wolfenstein 3D and Doom, in anticipation of I saw sotn being played within a Electronics Boutique and had to contain. Good choice! The PS1 was brought back my love to play big. Then I saw Half-Life and had to get a Pentium 2 PC game that saw a lot of use and a lot of improvements. When Zelda OoT won GotY on Metal Gear Solid in a lot of trade magazines, picked up the N64. I had a good sense of what was going to die, do not pick up trash as the Jaguar, but buy a dreamcast.

I've also had enough experience where I can get a game because it has very good reviews and I hated it, or not getting a game because it has bad reviews and then over time he played and I loved it, I've come to trust my instincts more than the revisions. I am also interested in more specific information on a game of someone's opinion. Give me the facts (other than a demo) and I can form my own opinion - that's what patches are missing. There is often a completely revised to omit some of the things that I think are so impressive about a game.

I used to play a lot more nervous and sports games. I'm thinking about getting back into them now, and firing up consoles for the first time in a long time. Other then my ps2, it is. I've been playing from time to time for months. I miss games like Tony Hawk 1 and 2. Two minutes to run, not a sandbox, only well-designed levels and instant fun that also keeps you hooked for hours. I'm still giving my game room a once over and I'm creating a welcoming atmosphere of the station console.