Thread: Is "The Withcher2 : Assassin of King" is compatible with the windows 7 in my LENOVO ?

Is "The Withcher2 : Assassin of King" is compatible with the windows 7 in my LENOVO ?

I have a LENOVO’s PC at my place, which I had bought around 2 months back. Well I always use to play games on that, if I say about its configuration it has a ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics Integrated and a AMD ATHLON II X2 215 Processor 2.70 GHz, and with a 32 bit windows & operating system. And yesterday I installed a game, that’s the witcher 2 : assassin of king, but It couldn’t run, so what will be the problem? Is the issue is regarding the operating system ?

Re: Is "The Withcher2 : Assassin of King" is compatible with the windows 7 in my LENOVO ?

Yeah, you might be right, because I was also having the same problem as you, as windows 7 is unable to load some of the games, there are certain issues with that, but I think the witcher is the newly developed game, and it requires almost a good configuration though. I think you might not be able to play because the GPU what you have is like of older version. In fact I have a 3200 versions but I couldn’t run Draconica in fact. So I must say, you should first upgrade your GPU and then only you’ll be able to play that game.

Re: Is "The Withcher2 : Assassin of King" is compatible with the windows 7 in my LENOVO ?

You haven’t mentioned that which kind of problem are you facing, because it might have too many reasons for not working. You must know the system requirement for the game at least, because as it need high resolution, first of all your GPU is too older, I don’t think it will run this game, so I would recommend you to upgrade the graphic card and then try to play the game.

See my friend, the system requires at least Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz or as you are using the ATHLON series you, you must have at least Athlon II X2 245e processor and a Radeon HD 4850 graphic card and 4 GB of RAM. After seeing this I know you’d be disappointed, but see this is the fact, otherwise yeah it may possible that sometime windows 7 doesn’t support sometime but here it is cleared that you need to upgrade your hardware first..

Yeah, it will run best on your windows 7, I played it so many times, and it won’t have any issue too, so don’t worry about that, but it seems your hardware configurations is too low actually to play this game, so I would rather suggest you to play the first part of the witcher, I don’t know about the exact requirement for that but I hope so I would run on your laptop. Try to install it, and then tell me is it running or not.

Windows 7 also has some issues, don’t know about this game, but whatever I had played seems to be unable to run, then my friend told me about the compatibility issue regarding the game, so we first have to troubleshoot that, as we do that it creates a windows Xp sp2 environment for the game so it runs after that. but this is ridicules, as for all that not working games, we have to do the same, instead I would say, for gaming you should prefer XP only, otherwise windows 7 is best.