Thread: Can Xbox LIVE Vision camera and a Kinect sensor be used simultaneously?

Can Xbox LIVE Vision camera and a Kinect sensor be used simultaneously?

I am game lover and I have recently purchased Kinect. Before I was using Xbox 360 and now I connected Kinect to Xbox 360 console, so that I can play games by using body gestures. I also have Xbox Live vision camera, which I connected to Xbox console. Using this camera I can take a picture and add it to the message. My question is that Can Xbox LIVE Vision camera and a Kinect sensor be used simultaneously as these both device functions differently, so provide me with this information.

Re: Can Xbox LIVE Vision camera and a Kinect sensor be used simultaneously?

Kinect sensor and live vision camera are separate devices which are used for separate functions. You cannot use both these device to work, i.e. Kinect sensor and live vision camera cannot be used together for doing certain things. When both of them are connected to your Xbox 360 console, then only one of it can be used at a time. The camera is mostly used for video chat while playing game or to take a picture. So stop or disable any one of that device when not in use.

Xbox knows which device is to be used when user switch to a particular feature. Kinect sensor is most of the times active because it is more important while using Xbox. When you use Xbox dashboard, Kinect hub, Kinect games, video Kinect then Kinect sensor is active for these features. Vision camera gets activated when you play games that are based on vision camera. So basically still no such technology which allows you to use both these device simultaneously

If ever you want to disable your sensor you can do it by performing some settings. Go to My Xbox then select system settings, then Kinect settings. Then you will find a list, select Sensor and your sensor would be disabled. When you have disabled your Kinect and then if you are using Video Kinect then you can use live vision camera in order to have online chat with friends while playing games online. Hence live vision camera would be activated at this time.