Thread: GTA 4 performing slow

GTA 4 performing slow

Hey guys, I have a Lenovo IdeaPad y560. I5 Core, 4 GB RAM 500 GB HDD. And Ati HD 5730. A month ago I bought GTA 4. That time he worked with a charm and ran smoothly on medium detail. But since the last days it is like hell. Even when I changed settings lower. This problem is in this game only. Like other games like Far Cry 2, the company battlefield bad 2 is running smoothly. So why GTA 4 is running slow. Please help me. Thank you.

Re: GTA 4 performing slow

The PO does not face a technical problem (no errors or failures involved); we can continue the discussion on this topic. OP How much FPS did drop in the game? This would give us a clear idea on the subject. Did you install a patch or application after the last time the game ran smoothly? They also try to kill any unnecessary background process. I hope this will help you to solve your issue otherwise try to search it on internet I am confident you will obtain proper solution on it. Thank you.

Hi thanks for speedy response to my query. My fps revolutionize frequently. Similar to while driving was regarding 31 fps. Likewise I am not capable to drive. And on foot it lags as soon as I fire up my weapons and starts to hijack some vehicle. And I have not installed some patches or function. It stated lagging unintentionally. And I endeavor to shut down needless programs, however still it’s lagging. I am out of ideas now please helping me I am waiting for your replies. Thank you.

So what FPS are you receiving at the moment? I didn't quite obtain what you said there. It is extremely improbable that the game lags for no motive. Separately from installing some applications, did you formulate some software change in recent times? Because sometime if you install any new software so it’s occupying your running memory so it will affect to the speed of your game. So please specify this and if you are running any new software so please shut down its processing. I hope this will help.

Hello thank you for your reply. But guys my problem is solved. The foundation for the lag was my game outline at what time I created a latest offline profile it sprint the gta 4 efficiently, consequently I backup-ed my earlier similar games and deleted the earlier profile. At the moment the difficulty is my latest profile is not capable to load my saved games as a result. Can anyone tell me how to load your previous save game I am waiting for your replies. Thank you.

Download xlivewrapper to previously saved games at work. You can easily search the Google for the download. As for lag try using the latest drivers for video and another thing before installing the new drivers, use a registry cleaner to remove all information from older drivers to register. Try to install the GTA 4 patch 1.0.1.0 and 1.0.2.0, and that will solve most problems. Before installing the patches to create a system restore point to roll back changes if something bad happens.