Thread: Should I go with stealth in Brink?

Should I go with stealth in Brink?

Well I have recently downloaded this game on my machine and the thing here is that I really want to know few things about the same. Now the best thing here is that I need to know that can I use stealth in the game and can this game become more than just mindless shooting and ducking? So can I get these things activated and one more thing is that can I play Co-op in offline mode. Plays help me in this one and give me proper information as I am a newbie towards this game.

Re: Should I go with stealth in Brink?

There's a "stealth class", the operative. He can disguise himself when he steals the outfit of a member of the other team. Only other operatives can spot disguised people. They are also able to hack certain objectives. Combine this class with a light body type which gives you faster movement and more options with the smart system and you can be pretty stealthy. In addition, operatives can do backstabs which are OHKO's if I remember correctly.

As for the mindless shooting and ducking. This game is Objective based. Every kill you do, helps the team in pushing forward and completing objectives. The defending team wins if they can prevent the attacking team from completing the main objectives. The attacking teams win only when they completed all main objectives. If your team consists of lone wolfs only, who are focused on killing, and then you'll lose without a doubt. However, there are four classes which all serve a purpose. Like they said earlier, read the compendium, it contains a lot of information.

If you will ask me than no you can’t do the same at any cost because complete invisibility is overpowered for a game like this. When you disguise yourself, you're still visible to everyone, but the other team will see you as one of them since you stole the outfit of one of their death guys) Your team will know that you're disguised, in the other team only the operatives can see it. Whenever you fire a weapon or stab someone, you'll lose your disguise.

By stealth you mean NOT literally going invisible by some fancy light-bending technology? Because I honestly don't want to see that though it may be cool. The only time I'd like to see that is no special deployable or items and not a second skin for humans to wear which allows them to go invisible. So according to me if such things are possible then they shouldn’t be included. I am sure that you all are getting ,my point here.

Well it Seems like every attachment has a con to balance its pros, making a bare weapon, or at least an empty upgrade slot, a possible choice. Silencers by their very nature are a pro, so you would need at least one con to balance it out. It also seems like most, if not all, attachments affect equip speed some, like the shoulder strap, reduce equip speed, so the silencer might just make your weapon take longer to whip out, if they wanted to minimize the con.