Thread: How Can I control my Xbox 360 console by using voice?

How Can I control my Xbox 360 console by using voice?

Hello friends, I just wanted to take one information from you all, I have recently bought a new Xbox 360 for gaming, as I am big fond of playing high graphic game on my Samsung 39” flat 3D TV. I just wanted to know that I have heard that we can control console of Xbox 360 by our own voice, is it true? Is it possible to control console from voice, it yes than can anyone tell me how? I am dying to use this functionality on my Xbox 360. Guys please reply to this post I am waiting for your reply, thanks a lot in advance!

Re: How Can I control my Xbox 360 console by using voice?

Hey it’s good to see such excitement, and I want to say that what you have heard is perfectly true, you can use voice recognition to control your Xbox 360 console. To use Kinect voice commands, start by saying the word “Xbox”, as soon as you say the word “Xbox”, the Kinect speech bar opens at the bottom of the screen of your TV. After saying Xbox you can use and word or phrase that appears on the screen to open that item. So using this way you can handle console of Xbox. So just try it and enjoy gaming world. For example: “Xbox Open tray” it will open disc drive.

Hello I have some of the voice command which you can use to handle your Xbox console:

What you want to do / then say this
    If you want to Go to the Kinect Hub/ "Xbox Kinect"

If you want to Play a disc / "Xbox play disc"

If you want to See more options in the Kinect Hub / "Xbox next" or "Xbox previous"

If you want to Sign in to your profile / "Xbox sign in"

If you want to Start the Kinect Tuner / "Xbox Kinect Tuner"

If you want to Start Kinect ID / "Xbox Kinect ID"

If you want to Open or close the disc tray / "Xbox open tray" or "Xbox close tray"

If you want to Go to the Xbox Dashboard / "Xbox Dashboard"

So using this command you can enjoy the gaming technology. All the Best!

Hello, I have also done some of the research on this command, and I came to know that you can also handle console when you are watching any video or listing to music using Zune Last. See the command below:

What action you can take / Say this for that action
    For Fast forward a video / "Xbox fast-forward"
    For Rewind a video / "Xbox rewind"
    For Pause music or video /"Xbox pause"
    For Play music or video /"Xbox play"
    For Skip forward/ "Xbox next"
    For Skip back /"Xbox previous"

Hello I also want to share some more information on Kinect and Xbox 360. You can surely use above all command for various command but I have some option which will not work for you. Using voice command you will not be able turn off or on the console, you will not be able to use any of the above command when you are watching video from video library or from Windows Media Center. This rule also imply on music files also, these voice command are also not available when you watching movie from a disc. So keep in mind these rules and enjoy technology.

Hello everyone, I knew that I will get the perfect and detailed answer with perfect information. However I gone through all of the voice command and I can say that there is one relief here with some minor hectic work like fast forward and rewind etc. I am happy that my Xbox is working with this command and but there is one more thing which is quite missing is that same feature with Windows media center. However have started to play Xbox with voice command and that’s really a great technology, I am again thankful of you all.