Thread: Should Pre-Order bonus outfits should come out as a DLC for Brink

Should Pre-Order bonus outfits should come out as a DLC for Brink

Exclusive preorders are a way for retailers to get you to buy from them, a right that they pay the publisher for. That we get "rewarded" is just a little bonus.

Why people think that putting money down in advance means they should get something extra that nobody else gets is beyond me. You're paying to make sure you have a copy on day one and maybe for something a little extra to have for a few days. If it was something in a "Collector’s Edition" that costs more that's one thing, but even then if they charge others the same amount later you still got what you paid for.

I would love to see them released in the future because I'm not interested in buying 4 copies of the game or being gouged on e-bay to get a few extra customization options, but wouldn't mind having those options.

Re: Should Pre-Order bonus outfits should come out as a DLC for Brink

I don't see why people say it makes preordering pointless there are games that have no preorder bonuses. The point of preordering is cause you like it and have faith in the game and you want to play it as soon as it comes out and the pack is just incentive and a free bonus for for your support. If people love the game so much that they want to buy the item you got for free it doesn't take away from you, you got it for free. I understand once if they where to release them as dlc it might be bundled together into one pack which i don't like the idea of cause that does take away that bonus you got for preordering because if you want the others your paying for yours again.

The idea that people are considering these packs "ultra exclusive one time offers" is incredibly short-sighted. I have never seen a game offer something in a pre-order that was not eventually released to everyone else for a fee. SD can make profit off people who want the other skins but arent going to buy other copies of the game. What's the alternative? Throwing away the code because the game's been released?

I agree with this and its sarcasm granted I like the psycho pack and the kid who started this topic didn't check Amazon or the forums till now I guess? Anyway it’s too late this polls not going any were its been said that there's no thoughts on any DLC right now. In time we will probably get some DLC for multiplayer or more weapons and gear for our characters. But that's a long time off and we all have months and months of game to enjoy

Fortunately for us, they release quality to earn those $$$. In regards to DeadRising2 (I presume you meant 2), Capcom execs have had animosity toward this IP (along with LostPlanet) since its inception. So it's no surprise they would milk it for everything it's worth. I don't see that happening with Bethesda and Brink. Also, the games weren't well received (not inferring they aren't good). Another reason to seek increased revenue through DLC with existing content. Why create something new when you can just sell what was free (although exclusive) to begin with?

I'm down for a future release of the pre-order dlc, obviously not released tomorrow, lmao, but in a few months. I agree with exclusivity, however I think at some point we should all be able to enjoy everything that the game has to offer. I'm a little bumped that I couldn't reserve from STEAM but its part of life and ended up reserving from Gamestop through trade-ins, lmfao. And since I'm in love with Brink I would support SD and in every decision they make, so if they release them, I will give them my money and buy them.

Here's an analogy the beauty of spring has arrived and it's opening day at the pro ball park. Autographed team uniform shirts to the first 100 fans. See where I'm going with this? Now if I could sell you my exclusive pack, I would consider it. But that would infringe upon IP. In the analogy, I'm rewarded for my loyalty to the team at the cost of boosting ticket sales for the GM. Same concept with video game pre-orders. It's a "thank you" from the people making a profit off of you and you contributing to easing their worries on meeting sale quotas. But a company that seeks to gouge its customers for everything they can will release "exclusive" content later down the line to again increase revenue. Like I texted, I don't think Bethesda'll do that. But what do I know? I'm not them.

To a point I agree, but in the future you know that there would be additional or new "autographed team uniforms" to thank/raise money.

So in that aspect for future gains as with any company DLC/Expansions should be released. And in the same sense since more "autographed shirts become abundant" until the player retires/such, I believe in the release of the pre-orders as separate DLC packs either way, it does not matter to me, I will enjoy the game for what it is meant to be.

I am sorry to all those that believe that they should only have exclusivity to your pre-order packs, to a point I understand but to another point, it is selfish to not want anyone else to have those, and I believe that some don't keep an open mind and feel they shouldn't release DLC because Dev's just want more money for their "cash cow” I am amazed at how some survive.