Thread: How to save guild identity in rift game

How to save guild identity in rift game

Within Rift our guild extremely sense of self that is in danger because of the archaic word filtering Damned. Earlier than the games we have had this problem with our name, but censorship of GM has been able to give our clan name. To Trion has recommended I'm asking people to help save my clan. I'm sure my clan is not the only one affected by this. As I'm sure you know the identity of the guild is very important for the survival and welfare of the community for this reason I ask you please to post in this thread if you agree that The Damned should be removed from the filter list.

Re: How to save guild identity in rift game

We do not think you need to keep your identity, I think it just means that it is published as feedback and will be expected to be observed and collected. Maybe the GMs even pass it as a problem, you never know. It really depends on your workload. But for what it's worth, little ol 'me thinks you should get to keep his clan name! If it is only by filtration, and the word "damn" is not really so offensive (in any case, it certainly does not offend me), I think it should.

Perhaps the word region based filter. Has a greater influence in the U.S. in the rest of the world. Words like damn enter the mature language filter every game that is sold there, but most of the world does not care about, including the majority of Americans. Perhaps if a child fewer than 10 that uses are a little talk about the good words and bad words. I am sure that the opposite is probably true too, and some words that mean nothing to Americans offend some people in other parts of the world. Region-based filtering would seem appropriate, although it could be a lot of work.

In general I do not agree with the filters as well, but I agree with a policy on names, either by the guilds or characters. However, I am not a filter that prevents the use of words such as the way forward. If a guild name is considered offensive, it can be reported and marked by a name change if the GM agrees. Sometimes the nanny mentality goes a little too far, after all, even the score allows for "mild language" if "bloody" is considered more than mild, so I'm surprised.

I agree that the filter is a little off, and I understand that most likely Trion cannot do anything to change ('damn' word would be white on the list) but I would add that there are quite a few words necessary add, in any case. I know a "friend" who made at least one character with a name I would not say it was offensive, but at least expected to be black in the list. If this were a new clan to decide on a new name, this would be a different story. But this is not the case. You should not have to change your identity to anyone.