Thread: Why can't mages tank in RIFT

Why can't mages tank in RIFT

I guess my actual query is, why is there so much anxiety regarding which archetype can fill which role? I am not even talking concerning this game in exacting because we know much skill and have a few solid thoughts regarding why a mage possibly shouldn't main tank. But! If there were to be a few sort of soul that a mage could utilize to be an actually effectual tank why would that trouble people? I will give just a bit of the thought procedure that I am going through utilizing mage/tank as me example. Sure tanks require superior armor than cloth. But why can't, mages can improve their robes with magic to make them avert even the sharpest blades. And yes, they necessitate holding aggro.

Re: Why can't mages tank in RIFT

Mages can tank, to a few point, as tanks preserve dps, curers can cc, and scouts cure. The query is where to situate the bar. If all classes/souls/archetypes/callings can do the whole thing then we have an accurate sandbox game. Rift doesn't go that far. I for myself would look forward to a cloth wearing magic tank, but he should be in the fighter calling. Why? Because it would be unjust to the genuine tanks to battle with a magic tank that with the brush of a switch can become a dps machine (Pyro) or healer.

Yes, but they are not as skillful at it as accurate mages. Mages are supposed to use up their time learning wisdom and old chants, that's how they become so shrewd. This causes them to be actually weaker. Warrior-types are more power and so can take additional hits. You can't have a tanking mage, it just does not toil. Should he simply be able to cure as well? After that who wants other people, just make single class which is king of the mountain and does the whole thing.

Your quarrel is illogical as long as the similar person can’t tank, dps, and cure all at the similar time. As extensive as you keep the dependence on other players there is no necessitate for static class roles. There is no lawful cause for non-warrior tank specs to be valueless for the similar reason that warriors are permitted to have specs that are built for dps’ing. Of course a mage-tank expressly is about as far out of usual roles as you can get, but even at a standstill I have seen it done well earlier than in certain games. Evasion based non-plate tanks however are not at all unusual.

Looking at the role builder for the 3 souls obtainable there's a wealth of alternatives to experiment with. The huge strangest are obviously if the abilities will be effective sufficient and if agro will be high sufficient. Most likely going to utilize fireball for agro (99% repulse resistance talents + crit possibility and combust to get as much threat as likely out of it). There are things like ice armor/sacrifice/fast call as active healing/mitigation tools and essential link on top of stone armor in the elementals soul.

From what I have listen to mages can tank but only as fine as a capable plate class no. From the seems of it is much more helpful for a mage to play support more than tank as both the fighter and cleric archetype does the job fine but your state could be ultra sole. As the guy over stated the elementals can be utilized to mostly to tank with and warlock + Chloromancers spec hybrids appended in to give you added heals. I at a standstill though suppose that the majority people are going to go in the sort of warrior, cleric, and rogue and after that mage if there is a dire require for a main tank mostly because of armor class concerned. But I can see mages simply complete heavy the roles of off tank because of their class I see assure in stated over.