Thread: Trion doesn’t destroy balance in RIFT

Trion doesn’t destroy balance in RIFT

I will correctly get many flaming for this thread here. But I truly think we have to begin owning our own art in nerfs/buffs etc, earlier than we start complaining to the Devs. I will give an example, and many of you are correctly going to differ. Warriors got a few major nerfs/fixes in 1.1. The trouble with these nerfs, was that 90% of the criticisms came from people who where 49 and down (and yes, Champions were powerhouses in these brackets). But at level 50, even earlier than 1.1 went live, Champions where truly one of the weakest PvP callings. They did polite damage, but they could get kited, had utterly no survivability, no self healing and so forth. If people would let them run around and do spoil, they could truly dish out a few great damage.

Re: Trion doesn’t destroy balance in RIFT

The Templar soul is getting a few nerfs, which I myself think is fair and required. The un-killable Clerics in PvP where actually ruining the game a lot, so I am content with them attempting to fix this. Besides that, Clerics are truly a calling in need of a few loves in my opinion. Melee Clerics really could utilize a few buffs, so they are on par with other callings dps. Justicars requires a few tuningto their magic alleviation etc. Inq and Caba require a little love to, making them on par with Rogues, Mages and BM's (just viable raiding soul atm).

I agree. 1.1 was quite much just knee-jerk response to forum whining. The Metagame and game as a complete wasn’t actually solved as much as it is now. Now you can notice Rogues/mages/clerics pull similar dps as warriors just because they figured it out a bit slower. Too bad 1.1 quite much killed warrior population. As well I don’t think fixing insects and nerfing is an actual way to go. Yes, those enormous changes were a mistake. People were not elevated PvP ranks or 50 even. People had no gear, skill, and figured out builds. I think at present is the time while we should get big balance patch like 1.1 was.

Pyromancer spirit has burn which lets you to deactivate a person for 5s with a 50s cool down, immediate. I heard somebody in one of my groups begin hollering one time it occurred to him and when I don't recall his name to twice-check he quit the warfront instantly to post about his outrage. I utilize burn quite frequently but it just works on dim melee pvpers. Sp just does what any smart PvPer would do and gets the charm to make him resistant to this tactic.

Trion have a partial number of staff to completely understand the mechanics they generate and what combos in the live game can achieve. As a gaming corporation knows, the best testers in the world are actually the gamers who play, simply down to numbers. Moreover you can balance a game on 50 members of employees who actually should be doing more significant jobs like bug fixing, content making and so on or 50,000 gamers who will always end up playing the actual game more.

This is what the QA department does. It plays the game and understands probable class balance troubles. Any company placing a MMO out has a well-mannered sized QA department whose only job is to experiment the game. Moreover you have closed alpha testing, unlock beta and so on. You have plenty of chance to see class problems and fix them. Given that QA’s generally having a decent way of communicating up the chain the liability does recline with them. Sure there are things that will be ignored. Other things that have been totally missed up until now like AP/SP scaling is merely a lack of prescience. It’s not like the troubles aren't pointed or misty.

Just attempting to balance a game for PvP. Will not at all occur. In what approximately 20 years of MMO history currently no game is PvP balanced 100%. Up till now the loudest cry babies are PvP players calling for balance. What you alter for PvP effects PvE. Changes completed to PvE effect PvP. PvE and PvP are two dissimilar games. They should be loomed that way. Maybe that's what the next immense MMO should do. Set up a set of abilities that are PvE just and a set that is PvP only. Then either side of the game could be pinched without completely messing up the other side like now.