Thread: How Single Target PVE DPS should be ranked in RIFT

How Single Target PVE DPS should be ranked in RIFT

To begin with, let’s depart into risk things. You have 2 big risk factors while DPSing.

Pet vs. No pet.
    Melee vs. Ranged.

Having a pet is the first (and vital) risk factor, as it is another basis of injure that can die, necessitates to be micro managed along with your character, and if dies you take a giant dps loss except you get it out once more. Being melee is another risk factor. Being in melee is just inherently more risky then staying at array, this is just apparent. While Rift isn't so melee distant that it makes a world of dissimilarity, it is at a standstill a significant factor.

Re: How Single Target PVE DPS should be ranked in RIFT

1. Only because a class is in a dissimilar tier doesn't mean that the DPS between tiers should be a vast gap, just 50 to 100 at most.
    2. Trailing a pet should hit you down under a non-pet tier for pet classes. For instance, BMs/Druids who mislay their pet should do fewer dps then B tier melee; Rangers/Eles/Necros devoid of a pet should do less DPS then C tier ranged.
    3. If it’s set up in such a way, each calling has an alternative to do truly good DPS. While BMs/Druids would be on top (and therefore the preferred), Rangers/Eles/Necros would be close in DPS and less perilous to play, as well cementing them a slot in raids (as if their pet dies, they have quick summons to acquire it back up, and don't have to be anxious regarding melee surliness for themselves).

Here I also wish to add something in this case. As how much I know about this, I think you should as well comprise roles in this idea. I.e., if your class you have selected to play, can heal, tank, melee dps, and ranged DPS, it possibly shouldn't be superior at it than other classes. This is how the immense "I will play a druid" occurred in wow. The less versatile your class is, the superior they should be at the few roles they have.

Don't overlook to comprise other inherent abilities that the classes obtain from their roots and after that the elective utility from the branch. Druids do provide a strong, although redundant, AP/SP boost and they do have a few other extra effects attack. Debatably much more helpful utility wise than a Beast master for instance. While this is focusing ST, keep in mind that many classes at a standstill get strong aoe alternatives, precise passives, or are very ST focused. Shaman for instance has an lvl36 passive which is precise to one solitary target skill, while Cabalist gets a bonus to death magic and tons of aoe spells, which their ST DPS should be different by more than just melee vs. ranged.

Pet classes have pet aoe decrease talents. As well if you make pet attack macro to your spell or capacity, pet automatically assault your aim. Or if you are too indolent to even make a macro, utilize suspicious stance for pet. I don't see where the tough part for pet classes is. If boss aoe can directly kill a pet, then it will kill each melee classes, which is awful design. Please catalog bosses in Greenscale which is tough for melee classes. The just boss mechanic that melee necessitates to shun is Prince. He has very long shedding time though.